Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Playback Disabled

dclark6623

I started the tutorial for the pixel editor today. Trying to make sure i have plenty of time to learn it ! I am getting the following warning "The display drivers on your computer are too old. Sequence playback will be disabled". Please help.

Sounds like an Open GL issue check to see if your video drivers are up to date or if they can be updated. I have created a series of videos helping with pixel editor here is the first one.

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall
  • Like 1

Thank you so much. I updated my drivers today and was able to get it working. I have been through the LOR tutorial and some of it is starting to make sense! Do you like pixel editor better than superstar? 

I have never used SS, I have only used PE. It does everything that I want it to do in my display.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I haven'e tried SS, but was wondering which would work better. i figured with just adding a pixel tree that PE would be best for me.

That video was great. Helped a lot. Where can I view the other ones?

Edited by dclark6623

They are on my vimeo feed I have 3 parts then a couple on arches that I did for other people.

SPaschall

Got it. Thanks again. I just watched the TSO house and now I think I like the 360 tree better! I was thinking 270 b/c I didn't think you would be able to see the pixels in the back.

Actually the TSO house trees are three color spiral trees. Thwy didn't have pixels. Now the pixel tree in my personal display is 360. If you plan to do any spiral effects it will look best in my opinion on the 360 tree. Bars, curtain effects will look good on just about anything.

SPaschall

Subscribing to this since I may be doing some RGB stuff this year.

Watched 10 mins and it is a great tutorial.

Thanks for sharing.

JR

No problem if anyone has any questions let me know. I may start doing some more with some advanced programming and network setup.

SPaschall

12 hours ago, SPaschall said:

Actually the TSO house trees are three color spiral trees. Thwy didn't have pixels. Now the pixel tree in my personal display is 360. If you plan to do any spiral effects it will look best in my opinion on the 360 tree. Bars, curtain effects will look good on just about anything.

SPaschall

What kind of lights are you using on your pixel tree? My current mega tree (led lights) was 360, but I thought you wouldn't be able to see the pixels on the back of the pixel mega tree. That is why I was leaning toward a 270 degree tree. Can you share how your tree is set up?

It is 30 strands with 45 pixels per strand. 10 universes. One Jsys 12 controller and two 350 watt power supplies.

4 hours ago, dclark6623 said:

Your pixels in the back are visible? Holidaycoro tells me that they won't be visible.

Actually they really aren't visible, but my viewing areas require me to have a 360 tree. 

SPaschall