Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems Commenting or Replying Just Started Today

dibblejr

As the title says, today on my laptop which is my dedicated show computer I started having problems with replying on this Forum. Other Forums I am on I do not have the problem. As of right now I am typing on my desktop.

When I attempt tp post a reply I get no reply box.

When I attempted to create this thread with my laptop I received the following error message

"Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again".

The marked tabs are

Title required, I had my title

Then it says 'This field is required"

Both of the above are in red font.

As I stated I get no box to comment or reply in.

I am not having any issues with my desktop and this is the first time I have used my desktop to post on the forums, I have always used my laptop.

I have shut down, rebooted, all of the obvious things. Did something change in the parameters in the forum?

Any help will be appreciated.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

As the title says, today on my laptop which is my dedicated show computer I started having problems with replying on this Forum. Other Forums I am on I do not have the problem. As of right now I am typing on my desktop.

When I attempt tp post a reply I get no reply box.

When I attempted to create this thread with my laptop I received the following error message

"Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again".

The marked tabs are

Title required, I had my title

Then it says 'This field is required"

Both of the above are in red font.

As I stated I get no box to comment or reply in.

I am not having any issues with my desktop and this is the first time I have used my desktop to post on the forums, I have always used my laptop.

I have shut down, rebooted, all of the obvious things. Did something change in the parameters in the forum?

Any help will be appreciated.

JR

Did you restart? Not shut down. Shut down doesn't reset clock. Just checking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Did you restart? Not shut down. Shut down doesn't reset clock. Just checking. 

Yes, but I did just now notice my clock is wrong, may need a new cmos battery. Just trying to figure out why just this forum

Thanks Dan

Was talking about the internal uptime clock. It can cause issues in visualizer after 24 days with no restart - even if you turn it off via shutdown. Windows calls it something like fast start. So I was just wondering if that might be getting you on forum functions too. 

Other than that - dang....

• Like 1

My time on the laptop was exactly 2 hours off. I pulled the CMOS cover and the battery is connected via a small harness. Looked online and cannot find anyone who has it in stock but I do have a cr2302 battery here that is the same. Now going to "attempt" to disassemble the harness wires and change the battery. It is surrounded by a rubberized cover, don't know how it will turn out. Ive had this laptop since 2004 so its not bad, just ancient compared to todays standards.

JR

I must have got it fixed but not sure which one. When I went back to insert my modified battery (cut and stripped wires and used electrical tape to attach to battery) I noticed there was 6 updates pending. They installed as the computer was rebooting. The problem with that is I had "auto updates" off. Maybe the dead cmos battery messed all the update settings who knows, but I am typing from it now.

Dan- when you said "clock" that made me look at the time on the screen, so you did help. I was trying to post replies to the "3 word" thread several times, missed a few good lines. LOL

As for the age, I was a poor soldier when I purchased it, like to get my $ out of things. I had put this thing in the closet until last year, didn't use it for about 2 years and I have been milking it along.

By Halloween I will rebuild my other desktop which 4tb HDD is full and wipe it and probably use it for the show.

JR

2 hours ago, LORAdmin said:

No changes made that I'm aware of.

Thanks, I believe I fixored it, either cmos battery or 1 of 6 updates.

JR

Let's see, 2004.  Windows XP, or did you poor unfortunate bastard get stuck with Windows ME?

And yes, time way off can do all kinds of weird stuff.

It actually came with ME, my 1st upgrade to windows Vista, 2nd to windows 7 and then to windows 10 (free so tried), however windows 10 screwed with all of the software and other programs so I trashed that HDD and went back to 7 last year.

It is a huge laptop and it gets so hot I actually lose weight while it sits in the recliner with me.

It was weird that it worked on 4 other forums but not this one. 3 of them are SMF based, Im not sure of this forum.

JR

Oh Gag!  You really were a poor unfortunate bastard!  First ME and then Vista.  Two of the worst operating systems ever released on the world.  I have so far avoided Windows 10, and only touched Windows 8 twice (both on other people's computers, and vowed to never do so again).  I loved Windows 2000 and ran that for years until too many things would not run on it.  Used 2000 server until two years ago when the hardware died (only reason I stopped using it).

OK, gotten way off topic...

If you ever want to Breathe new life into that laptop because it's getting bogged down by all the updates in Windows 7 you can install Ubuntu.  I've installed it on a couple of older computers and it brought them back to life. 

• The topic was locked