Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Spring Sale

Protege94

Does anyone know when this typically happens? Also do they usually sell out?

This was my first year using LOR controllers and I want to pick up a few more during the sale.

Does anyone know when this typically happens? Also do they usually sell out?
This was my first year using LOR controllers and I want to pick up a few more during the sale.

If you want the ones that you install the cables those sometimes sell out within a few hours, the fully assembled ones are available for a few days. The regular controllers doesn't sell as fast as they used to. If you want any cosmic color devices you better be ready with in minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The spring sale is a mad grab sale and some items sell out in minutes.  The summer sale has slightly higher prices than the spring sale, but unlimited quantities.  in 2016, the spring sale started on Friday 8 April at 6:00 PM Pacific time.  The date moves around some, but it's in that general timeframe.  I was able to get both items I wanted in the spring sale.

The spring sale is a mad grab sale and some items sell out in minutes.  The summer sale has slightly higher prices than the spring sale, but unlimited quantities.  in 2016, the spring sale started on Friday 8 April at 6:00 PM Pacific time.  The date moves around some, but it's in that general timeframe.  I was able to get both items I wanted in the spring sale.

This is true, but this past year there were PC controllers available the next day. They used to be gone in minutes years ago

Im not a big pixel fan so I will be going for the normal controllers. My display is more of a static display that I then sequence to music. Think blow molds, wire frames, etc

Im not a big pixel fan so I will be going for the normal controllers. My display is more of a static display that I then sequence to music. Think blow molds, wire frames, etc

I was too until my wife seen an arch way made of pumpkins that could change different colors. She begged for one and she never wants to spend money on the display so I made it for her and realized how much fun RGB's were. Spiraled out of control from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1983ss454 said:

I was too until my wife seen an arch way made of pumpkins that could change different colors. She begged for one and she never wants to spend money on the display so I made it for her and realized how much fun RGB's were. Spiraled out of control from there.

Exactly what I have been trying to avoid, but I may be losing the battle. It's not looking good for me! LOL

If your fingers are slow and you miss out on what you want in the spring sale, there are deals galore to be found on experienced controllers.  There's quite a few available right now and that will only increase between now and summer.  Along with others, I'll also be parting with some old friends after winter thaws and I get my display torn down. 

Just so you know there are affordable options available.

I'm hoping to buy at least one controller during the spring sale so that on the off-chance we decide to set up the display in 2016 I can at least do the three-color spiral tree. 

Well with all the displays for sale around my area this past week I will be needing four to run everything I have bought this week. So many people selling off their displays, I mean it was literally a yard sale, everything set up in the yard was for sale.

Well with all the displays for sale around my area this past week I will be needing four to run everything I have bought this week. So many people selling off their displays, I mean it was literally a yard sale, everything set up in the yard was for sale.

Wow that's lucky, there was one for sale in Tampa about an hour from me but someone already bought then whole thing

Just now, 1983ss454 said:

Wow that's lucky, there was one for sale in Tampa about an hour from me but someone already bought then whole thing

I have been to four displays within a 45 minute drive that had everything for sale.

I have been to four displays within a 45 minute drive that had everything for sale.

This is such a shame. I've noticed less and less people decorating each year.

It is the times, broken families and the PC police just to name a couple of the problems, I am sure as adults we all know whats going on.

It is a shame.

JR

39 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

That's a bonus, at least you know it works or not.

Score!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 4:58 PM, dibblejr said:

It is the times, broken families and the PC police just to name a couple of the problems, I am sure as adults we all know whats going on.

It is a shame.

JR

You are correct, not to mention it seems that the days of 'your property your rules' seems to be gone. I was worried my neighbors would complain about my display as this is my first year in our house and I we rather large. But in the end my mindset was to buy what I want, make it as bright as I want and if someone wants to complain and be a prick about a light display then let them cause Im enjoying my life.

3 hours ago, Protege94 said:

if someone wants to complain and be a prick about a light display then let them cause Im enjoying my life.

That's not really the attitude to carry IMO, especially on this forum. Again IMO.

Neighborhoods have had awesome displays shut down in the past. If you want to enjoy life "without" a light display, then carry on. But if you want to enjoy "with" a light display, then have a little respect for the neighbors.

I don't make the rules, I just respect others and try to make it work for both parties.

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Protege94 said:

You are correct, not to mention it seems that the days of 'your property your rules' seems to be gone. I was worried my neighbors would complain about my display as this is my first year in our house and I we rather large. But in the end my mindset was to buy what I want, make it as bright as I want and if someone wants to complain and be a prick about a light display then let them cause Im enjoying my life.

You just have to find that happy medium. As I posted before, get your neighbors and community involved. Show them a little kindness, growing up "kill them with kindness" was a saying. If you have a mean one next door, do something nice for the person, a simple gesture can go a long ways.

I know all of my neighbors don't like me, how can they, they all do not know me, however even handicapped I still pick up trash thrown out in front of their yards when I see it. I know all of the local and county and several state LEO's, firemen ...  I also am not afraid to stand my ground at a town hall meeting when needed.

Just don't [Foul Language Used] them off to much because it can come back to bite you.

The reply of mine you responded to was more of a statement of the times and I think you took it wrong, I was talking about no respect for others property or rights based on the upbringing of or someone going astray.

JR

22 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You just have to find that happy medium. As I posted before, get your neighbors and community involved. Show them a little kindness, growing up "kill them with kindness" was a saying. If you have a mean one next door, do something nice for the person, a simple gesture can go a long ways.

I know all of my neighbors don't like me, how can they, they all do not know me, however even handicapped I still pick up trash thrown out in front of their yards when I see it. I know all of the local and county and several state LEO's, firemen ...  I also am not afraid to stand my ground at a town hall meeting when needed.

Just don't [Foul Language Used] them off to much because it can come back to bite you.

The reply of mine you responded to was more of a statement of the times and I think you took it wrong, I was talking about no respect for others property or rights based on the upbringing of or someone going astray.

JR

I am friendly with one of my neighbors and I let him know before Thanksgiving that the lights were going up and he had no issues with them and didnt care. My other neighbor is a rental house so people come and go. 

As far as my comment about live life the way you want and if people want to complain they can.......That was meant in a non-aggressive/douche bag way. I know I cant make EVERYONE happy and people down the street don't know me or have any encounters with me to know I simply love lights because they genuinely make me happy. But at the end of the day displays have been shut down because people dont like them and during my life I have come to the realization that if someone is going to complain at that type of level they are going to regardless.

I did have someone from 2 blocks away tell me she loved the display and then I had another person tell me that her son ask to come see the display every night after dinner. That's why I do it, to give kids something to look at and be amazed with. I don't do it for personal pride, in fact thats one of the reasons I didnt use my last name as the display name.