Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot delete in schedule editor

James Hill

Hello everyone,

I have a problem. I made a 16 second sequence for New Years. Its 8 seconds before and 8 seconds after midnight. I guess i was in a hurry and posted it on the week schedule not the calendar schedule. I noticed this past weekend the New Years sequence was going. How do I delete it? Because it is so short of a sequence there is nothing I can click on to get the pop up menu of "edit", "delete". Not sure if I can just delete the calendar file or week file in the program files without screwing things up. I don't care if I have to re enter my shows again but don't want to screw things up. When I try to put a longer show over the existing one I just receive a "conflict" window but don't have the option of replacing it. What do I do to delete this short sequence/show?

I have a couple of one minute shows and those are hard enough to grab - I can well imagine that a 16 second one would be functionally impossible!

If you know how to manually edit the schedule file, it would be pretty easy to kill.  If you are not comfortable doing that, E-Mail it to me and I'll fix it for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Like Don says, I delete my files all the time when I use an extremely short show file.   You can delete it inside the scheduler, but it's not worth the effort to try and track that microscopic thin line down to click on it, but it can be done.  Just delete the external files and recreate your show.  Now of course this may take a little more time doing that than just deleting a line in the schedule editor, but then again, those invisible lines take more time to track down, locate and delete than the time it takes to redo the recreation of the show{s}!

You can copy the schedule files to different names making it very easy to restore a previous version. For example, I have a Christmas version of the schedule files, and a year round version. That way I can quickly change to the other schedule with just a copy, and paste. If I remember to, I will make a pre-season version that gets run for a week or so before opening night.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android