Light-O-Rama Forums

leaping arches....

don mcabee

Hi guys, Im trying to figure our how to make leaping arch sequences for the 2017 season. Can someone please send me any sequence (song doesnt matter) so I can get the general Idea how they function in my LOR sequence editor? I was planning on a small 4 channel arch approx 8 ft long ( 2 of them), but I can add another 16 channel controller if need be. Thanks Don......................................melissamcabee5@gmail.com

Us old school mini light people, if you want to make them chase you stagger the tiles. If using 4 channels say 1-4 then turn on channel 1 for .5 sec then the very next square in SE turn on channel 2 but leave channel 1 off, just follow that through 3 and 4 and you get a chase, the less time a channel is on the faster the chase. The longer it is on the slower the chase. If using old school lights you can use multiple colors but remember the more designs you want the more channels it will eat.

You can actually practice with making a test vis file with what you want and just watch how changing your sequence in SE affects your arch.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

4 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Making chases is quick and easy using the chase tool.

Im sure if I could see how it was built in the cell by cell format, I could figure it out. As for the chase effect, I cant get it to react in any way, I have basic software, should I upgrade to basic plus?

With the basic you can use two controllers that 32 channels. Basic + is 4 controllers. Let me find an arch seq. post or pm your email

When you say you cant get it to react in any way, what do you mean? You can post here or pm me the answer. but posting here will get you a lot more help.

JR

Seq headed your way, I just created it, that's how easy it is.

Didn't see your email info up there.

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, don mcabee said:

Im sure if I could see how it was built in the cell by cell format, I could figure it out. As for the chase effect, I cant get it to react in any way, I have basic software, should I upgrade to basic plus?

I'm not sure I can answer that as all I've ever had has been the advanced (now Pro) license level.

All one needs to do is create the effect you want in the first cell of your chase, then select the number of channels and the length of time you want the chase to occupy and then push the H key.  It actually takes less time to do than it took to write the description.

Self-serving note: Sequence U teaches all this and more.  Classes begin next Sunday.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Seq headed your way, I just created it, that's how easy it is.

Didn't see your email info up there.

Thanks everyone, it really is as simple as what you all said, I think I was over thinking the wiring once I have 4 colors on the arches, but Im gonna use all cool white. once again...thanks

Don e mail me and I will send you some. 4 channel arch is not going to actually look that good... the norm is 7 or 8 depending on if you want a effect starting or ending in the center of your arch.

I use 2 archs seq but I connect them to another acrch so it is actually 4 archs, 1 and 3 are connected and 2 & 4 are connected. You can see in my .LEE file so please remind me to send that to you also.      retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

I will also include my You Tube channel so you can get a idea from things done in the past. I stopped trying to make videos of my show to post... It was just to much trouble.

4 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

Don e mail me and I will send you some. 4 channel arch is not going to actually look that good... the norm is 7 or 8 depending on if you want a effect starting or ending in the center of your arch.

I use 2 archs seq but I connect them to another acrch so it is actually 4 archs, 1 and 3 are connected and 2 & 4 are connected. You can see in my .LEE file so please remind me to send that to you also.      retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

I will also include my You Tube channel so you can get a idea from things done in the past. I stopped trying to make videos of my show to post... It was just to much trouble.

my email address is melissamcabee5@gmail.com  I am at work now but will check them out once I get home.  thanks a million. Don

Hi guys, Im trying to figure our how to make leaping arch sequences for the 2017 season. Can someone please send me any sequence (song doesnt matter) so I can get the general Idea how they function in my LOR sequence editor? I was planning on a small 4 channel arch approx 8 ft long ( 2 of them), but I can add another 16 channel controller if need be. Thanks Don......................................melissamcabee5@gmail.com

Turn what kind of leaping marches LED or pixel I'd be willing to give you one of my sequences in the song for one that I use my LED arches for my arches are 8
channel arches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...