Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence editor

mrforemark

I'm have problems editing sequences with an alternate computer dedicated to the task of only editing sequences.  When it's hooked to a controller the sequences will play in SE.  When not attached to a controller I get error messages about missing media file.  Is it possible to edit then play edited sequences from a remote location without being attached to a controller?

The issue with using two computers is that they need to be setup exactly the same so the path is exact. If they are not then you need to map the music to the sequence each time you transfer the files. I program on one computer and play the show on another, each time I transfer from my programming computer to the show computer I have to map the music to the sequence and save.

My computer is not attached to any controller, so the answer is yes.

As Mr. P said you just have to point the SE to the correct file path.(just build the missing file path that the SE says it cant find) I use 2 computers to sequence and the mini director to play the show but this Christmas I will be using my desktop to run the show.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

The ultimate fix is insuring the sequences and audio files are in identical file paths on all your PCs.  LOR can easily install itself in different default locations based on what version of Windows the PC runs. 

I always insist that LOR install itself into a C:LOR directory and then there's no issue with the SE finding the audio file regardless of which PC I'm using.

• The topic was locked