Light-O-Rama Forums

mega tree sequence copy/paste

don mcabee

Not sure if I can word this right so I will put it as an example........I am adding a controller next year and I have found the perfect mega tree sequence on "jingle bells" and I want this same layout on "winter wonder land...rudolph....and frosty". is it possible to copy these 16 channels, and transfer them to other sequences? Or will I have to build the layout on all my sequences? Thanks Don

Edited by don mcabee

You can export the channel config from the completed sequence and then import the channel config into the new sequence. This will give you the exact same channel set up. This will only work for the channel config and not the sequence itself. If you are wanting to transfer the actual sequence then you will have to copy and paste.

Edited by Mr. P

Before copying/pasting channel configurations between sequences, make sure the channel layout in both the donor sequence and the destination sequence is EXACTLY the same, with the exception of the new mega tree channels. 

The new mega tree channels should be added to the bottom of your channel list.  Doing it any other way will cause your sequences to get scrambled.  If you already have sequences in which the channels are not exactly the same, your best bet is to add the mega tree channels manually into each sequence.

As Mr. P stated, either way, the actual sequenced lighting events will have to be copy/pasted into the intended sequences.

Edited by George Simmons

16 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Before copying/pasting channel configurations between sequences, make sure the channel layout in both the donor sequence and the destination sequence is EXACTLY the same, with the exception of the new mega tree channels. 

The new mega tree channels should be added to the bottom of your channel list.  Doing it any other way will cause your sequences to get scrambled.  If you already have sequences in which the channels are not exactly the same, your best bet is to add the mega tree channels manually into each sequence.

As Mr. P stated, either way, the actual sequenced lighting events will have to be copy/pasted into the intended sequences.

so if the donor sequence is set up on 1/10th second, I should not donate to a 1/2 second format? That explains why the one I did earlier looks so random, and like it missed tiles in the copy/paste procedure....Thanks tons!!!! Don

33 minutes ago, don mcabee said:

so if the donor sequence is set up on 1/10th second, I should not donate to a 1/2 second format? That explains why the one I did earlier looks so random, and like it missed tiles in the copy/paste procedure....Thanks tons!!!! Don

Sounds like you used the paste by cell option.  What you could/should have done was to use the paste by time option.  That ignores any/all timing marks.

33 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Sounds like you used the paste by cell option.  What you could/should have done was to use the paste by time option.  That ignores any/all timing marks.

1 hour ago, don mcabee said:

Hey Don - I had many of those same questions - the ones you are posting on leaping arches and these mega tree questions. I now know my way around the Lightorama software programming packages very well. Doesn't mean I'm more creative - just means when I finally can decide what I want to have happen - I have the knowledge of how to make SE do it. I can strongly suggest you spend a small amount of cash - very small amount considering want you get - and sign up for a few of these SequenceU classes. I took some of them myself. I promise - you will get a lot out of the classes. (& some insight into why George is like he is...:o.)

• Like 1