Light-O-Rama Forums

Opening song.....opinions

msteiner57

Looking for a dramatic opening song. Is there anything out there that strikes anyone's interest. We all have Epcots Reflections of Earth, Sandstorm, 2001 A Space Oddessy. 

Trying to keep up with the times. Preferably short clips.

Thats pretty cool. Awful long though. Found two spots where I could cut it, around the 3:00 and or the 4:00 minute mark. Thanks for your input.

Here's one I use.  Lots of people like it.  I use it for checking all the lights across both yards.  (Sorry - I can't find any more recent video.)

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Dave Batzdorf said:

Transformers - Arrival to Earth is pretty cool.  Give it a listen.

Does not matter how many times i have seen that movie, every time that scene hits and the music starts, i get goosebumps. 

5 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Here's one I use.  Lots of people like it.  I use it for checking all the lights across both yards.  (Sorry - I can't find any more recent video.)

Thats sick. To bad i lack the talent to sequence my own stuff from scratch.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

Thats sick. To bad i lack the talent to sequence my own stuff from scratch.

That would be fun for part of a show itself. Looking for something real dramatic for an opening though. This song just opens a can of worms for me as one of my daughters wants me to sequence "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer. I usually get away from Christmas music between Christmas and New Year, didn't do it this year though. For some reason I couldn't get into sequencing this last year.

26 minutes ago, EdNetman said:

Not mine, but my favorite show intro. One days my kids and I will do something similar.

First time I've seen this, pretty funny. I have been using the other Minions intro for the last two years. Time to change it up

I have always juts opened my show with Clark doing his intro for his lights, then right into Christmas vacation.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:00 PM, George Simmons said:

George, 

we got to talk, wow i am taking your class my display better be like that next year lol!! 

Don

13 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Marvelous, I tell you every time I watch it I see something mew, or is that my meds?

I think you need to share your meds.  :)

• Like 1

I've used a 30 second edit of the FOX sports theme since I've began doing synchronized shows.  It's familiar to most adult viewers (especially NFL fans), and lends itself to some very powerful sequencing turning on blocks of lights at each "beat". 

• Like 1

I've used a 30 second edit of the FOX sports theme since I've began doing synchronized shows.  It's familiar to most adult viewers (especially NFL fans), and lends itself to some very powerful sequencing turning on blocks of lights at each "beat". 

Do you have a video clip of your opening that you could share?

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

George- Amazing, as usual!

Thanks.

It seems like a long time ago.  When I look at it today I see things that make me cringe. :(

Edited by George Simmons

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, EdNetman said:

Do you have a video clip of your opening that you could share?

This is from a few years back, but you get the feel of the sequencing.

• Like 1