Light-O-Rama Forums

Opening song.....opinions

msteiner57

On 1/16/2017 at 6:56 PM, EdNetman said:

How do you do it? Is it some sort of string that chases, or are you using pixels?

At long last someone answered my help desk ticket and I was able to delete my existing attachments.

Here's the pic.  It's really pretty simple.  The segments are 42" long and made from 70ct M5/6 LEDs.  (The one shown might be a 50 because I needed a replacement and didn't have 70's at the time.)

Fence Snake build.JPG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

At long last someone answered my help desk ticket and I was able to delete my existing attachments.

Here's the pic.  It's really pretty simple.  The segments are 42" long and made from 70ct M5/6 LEDs.  (The one shown might be a 50 because I needed a replacement and didn't have 70's at the time.)

Fence Snake build.JPG

Finally a pic! Thanks, now I have to figure out why my vis file speed just doesn't seem to work as fast as yours. Does anyone know if there is a difference in vis speed and realtime. My singing face vis seem to be right on key or had I attended your classes I may have learned something.

Those green rods are the plant stakes you can get at your fav garden center or hardware stores, if I am not mistaken.

Edited by dibblejr

Wow, that is a really simple solution. I was WAY over thinking this.

I can see where this would be a channel hog. It would take two or three LOR CTB16 boxes to run that effect at my place.

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Finally a pic! Thanks, now I have to figure out why my vis file speed just doesn't seem to work as fast as yours. Does anyone know if there is a difference in vis speed and realtime. My singing face vis seem to be right on key or had I attended your classes I may have learned something.

Those green rods are the plant stakes you can get at your fav garden center or hardware stores, if I am not mistaken.

Yes they are.  Menard's calls them 'sturdy stakes', although I feel they're taking liberty with the word sturdy.  They're quite difficult to bend without crimping and even more difficult to bend into any kind of symmetrical shape.  As can easily be seen from the pic... :(

4 hours ago, EdNetman said:

Wow, that is a really simple solution. I was WAY over thinking this.

I can see where this would be a channel hog. It would take two or three LOR CTB16 boxes to run that effect at my place.

It takes parts of three CTB16PCs, plus one 8-channel controller at my place.  I've got pixels in pex also outlining the fence on both sides of the house, but they don't come even close to matching the effect of those fence snakes, especially in the dark.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 0:25 PM, George Simmons said:

I think you need to share your meds.  :)

DItto.. ??

43 minutes ago, a31ford said:

DItto.. ??

Every time I watched that video my eyes seemed to focus on a different feature, thus my original comment. The first time and several after I was focused on his "snake lights" the next time "dancing tree" etc.

Just now, dibblejr said:

Every time I watched that video my eyes seemed to focus on a different feature, thus my original comment. The first time and several after I was focused on his "snake lights" the next time "dancing tree" etc.

LMAO !!!