Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 verses Xlights 4

scubado

Hi guys, it's been awhile since I've been on here.  Last 3 years I've been running in animation mode, haven't had the time to program songs.  This year I'm back into it.  Adding about a 1000 pixels this year along with Christmas tree quartet.  I currently have advanced S3 w/superstar.  Currently been looking at Xlights and its seems a lot easier to use and setup.  Wondering if S4 is worth the upgrade.  Also wondering when S5 is coming out, any rumors on what's new?

I have used X-lights and now just use S4. X-lights and the pixel editor are basically the same effects creater But neither has the controll like Superstar I'm looking forward to S5 when  the Pixel Editor and Superstar ,Sequence Editor are suppose to be combined to make it easier to use all three at the same time .

+1 on SuperStar.
As for S5, only rumors. My guess is that it will be similar to S4 two years ago. It will come out in beta in a couple months and come out of beta in the middle of the year.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Xlights should be capable of doing everything you need. I don't know how it compares to Superstar but I know a lot of people on the xlights forums came over from light O Rama. The nice thing about xlights is you won't have somebody reaching into your pockets for licensing money because you want to add one extra string. I'm not sure about S5 because all we get are rumors and no input on its development

• Like 1

IMO- when you realize what SS can do, what you can create, the almost total customization of effects, and ease of which to create them, the license and license upgrade price is a small, small price to pay. 

Not to mention the unbelievable support you get from the creator himself. 

• Like 5

Amen to what saxon said. And I'm expecting to need to make a SuperStar license upgrade this year (6,000 to 9,000 channels) - which I will happily do.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android