Light-O-Rama Forums

Key Assignments & Live recording of Channels........

a31ford

Seq. Editor 3.11.2

Is there any type of method to "Live Record" a channel or channels (eg: assigning a set of keys to a set of channels") ??

Somewhat like the "flash" buttons on a stage lighting controller for like live bands, or live theater ??

Would love to live record my actions to a song as doing it with the mouse "sections at a time" is some what, well, tedious..

An example would be  the A, S, K & L keys on the keyboard, and while the song is playing, if one taps them, it is placed into the grid on a set or group of channels that those keys where currently assigned to. (the way a studio would layer a set of tracks for a song, we would layer the flashes or if the key was held down it would turn that channel on for the time the key was held.

Anyone ??

using the "tapper Method" to get a beat, and then apply to a channel does work, however it might be harder than the "sections at a time" I'm gona play with it...

Greg

You can use the Beat Wizard to turn channels on and/or off according to the beat, or derivatives of the beat.

• Like 1

George. Yes i'm inthere as i type this.

Mega.... great point... love Audacity great program. Will watch the video later today.

Thanks to all of you for thw help !!

2 hours ago, a31ford said:

...Thanks to all of you for thw help !!

jfuller8400 posted this for the LORTools item he created. I use it all the time. made it real easy-peasy.

Joel - if reading - THANKS AGAIN!

• Like 1

You're very welcome.  Maybe this year I'll get around to updating it to use the polyphonic inputs for Audacity.