Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Pixie 16 Question

Arteom

I'm also running a 7-8 yr old PC running Windows 7.  My stuff is spread over 9 LOR networks - four of which are 500K - and three E1.31 controllers coming off 2 different gigabit switches.

The only data flow issues came from the PixCon16 which was running LOR protocol in an enhanced network.  As far as I know the twitches were very brief and very sporadic. 

No intensity files of any kind.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:29 PM, Dennis Laff said:

It would be a lot easier to program the pixels in pixel editor then SE .

Personally, after watching the online instructional video, I find it much more complicated than using Sequence editor and I simply cannot understand all the in's and out's of the software. It's not nearly as intuitive as sequence editor which is what put me off pixels for a while.  

On 1/5/2017 at 3:40 PM, Mr. P said:

If you are still running S4 ver 4.1.2 as your profile shows you will need to upgrade to at least 4.3.16 in order to configure the board.

Good eye! I thought I had a latest version, but apparently not.

On 1/5/2017 at 4:33 PM, George Simmons said:

If you're reasonably proficent with the SE, there's absolutely no reason why you can't use that, especially if you're starting out as you describe using pixels mostly as dumb RGB.

There's still a few of us who do our pixel sequencing using only the SE.  Granted, I have only a few thousand pixels, but as I watch my sequences play in the yard I can't identify anything at all where the SE is inadequate to do the job.  Nor do I feel I've missed anything at all by not using the same canned patterns as everyone else uses.

George, it's nice to hear I'm not the only crazy one trying to attempt this. I am proficient in my understanding of Sequence editor but there is always more to learn. Do you know if SE has a shortcut to create linear ramps? For instance I ramp a channel in the stair pattern, for instance at time slop 1.00 I go from 0-100% over 12 time slots to 1.20, but the next channel I want to to start at the following time slot and ramp 0-100% — 1.10 to 1.30, and so on and so on. Coping these to each channel may get a little time consuming and was wondering if there was a shortcut for this in Sequence Editor. 

George, it's nice to hear I'm not the only crazy one trying to attempt this. I am proficient in my understanding of Sequence editor but there is always more to learn. Do you know if SE has a shortcut to create linear ramps? For instance I ramp a channel in the stair pattern, for instance at time slop 1.00 I go from 0-100% over 12 time slots to 1.20, but the next channel I want to to start at the following time slot and ramp 0-100% — 1.10 to 1.30, and so on and so on. Coping these to each channel may get a little time consuming and was wondering if there was a shortcut for this in Sequence Editor. 

I was not really impressed with PE this year, it's a lot of back and forth that is supposed to be addressed with S5. But honestly no one knows when that will be coming out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Arteom said:

Have you tried the chase tool? 

On 1/7/2017 at 6:27 PM, George Simmons said:

Have you tried the chase tool? 

No sir, I have not heard of this mystical feature... I will try and find more information on it. 

On 1/7/2017 at 0:07 PM, 1983ss454 said:

I was not really impressed with PE this year, it's a lot of back and forth that is supposed to be addressed with S5. But honestly no one knows when that will be coming out

S5? Is there a rumor mill for how the new PE will be? If they could somehow dumb it down to my level — although that may be impossible — it would be splendid. 

9 minutes ago, Arteom said:

No sir, I have not heard of this mystical feature... I will try and find more information on it.

Ouch.  You will be richly rewarded for your search.  However, there's nothing mystical about it - that's reserved for background and foreground tools. 

The Chase tool is one of a dozen or so tools that are all but indispensible for ease of sequencing. 

• The topic was locked