Light-O-Rama Forums

Sacramento Meeting Jan 14th 6pm

plasmadrive

I believe we have a meeting in Sacramento on Jan 14th at the Round Table in Old Sac at 6pm. Should be fun. We will get to see a GCLF trophy up close and personal. I have something to share regarding the Really Big Lights RGB change over. I am sure there are others that have stuff to share.

8 hours ago, plasmadrive said:

I believe we have a meeting in Sacramento on Jan 14th at the Round Table in Old Sac at 6pm. Should be fun. We will get to see a GCLF trophy up close and personal. I have something to share regarding the Really Big Lights RGB change over. I am sure there are others that have stuff to share.

Is your idea for the RBL's just for the meeting or would you mind sharing it here too......curious?  I bought 14 of the white ones so I do have some interest and Sacramento is a wee bit far from the San Diego area to make the drive.

2 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Is your idea for the RBL's just for the meeting or would you mind sharing it here too......curious?  I bought 14 of the white ones so I do have some interest and Sacramento is a wee bit far from the San Diego area to make the drive.

I did that drive while I was a young Marine 21/22. I bought a car in Sacremento and the dealer flew me and a friend there to pick up the car. Bait and switch but young and dumb I purchased another car. on the way back flying down 5 some unmarked officers finally stopped me. At first I thought I was getting jacked after several attempts they finally showed a badge. Anyway those two officers could not comprehend where San Diego was. Even 30 years later I am dumbfounded as to why they could not figure out where SanDiego was. I think they were drinking more than us.

After a brief explanation as to why I didn't stop for five or so miles they let us go.

Never drove there again.

I wasn't going to show it until after the meeting but someone on FB guessed what I was using and I agreed to post if they did.. ha ha..

27 minutes ago, plasmadrive said:

I wasn't going to show it until after the meeting but someone on FB guessed what I was using and I agreed to post if they did.. ha ha..

A great idea with a fairly easy install while keeping the original look.....very nice!  Too bad they don't run off 12V.  Any chance to get a link to what you're using for those interested in this idea.  Thanks for sharing!

The link for the pixel is in the description under the video. 

I think they make a 12v version of that pixel but not sure.... I run 24v on my stuff when I can because I don't like voltage drop issues.  With these at 24v I can run at least 20 in a line without any power injection.  Most likely I can do more. 

The light is very even with zero shadowing that I can see.  The colors are fabulous.. it is one electrical pixel per bulb, which I really like.  It is by far the most solid way I have found to mod these.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:49 AM, plasmadrive said:

Jan 14th at the Round Table in Old Sac at 6pm

Craig

I wont make this one but I invited an LOR user from the next town to the meeting and he says he's planning on going. His name is Jon and he's from Ceres and I told him to introduce himself to you. Ive never met him so he could be a weirdo, in which case he'll fit in:D.

~Matt

Edited by saxon
  • Like 1

Sorry Matt you wont make it,  We'll see you next time.

We have invited some New Folks and Hobbiest from our local area and from Afar (Gilroy, Escolan and Vallejo) to come join us for this Magical Gathering.  It's going to be one to remember ! See you soon.  Safe Travels everyone !!

• Like 1

Anyone dare to catch us up for those that missed? I couldn't make it because the family and I traveled up the hill to enjoy the snow before the next big storm.

Since our meetings are pretty informal, catching you up is not really so easy.. Kinda one of those "you had to be there" type of things.  Lots of good conversations about the coming year and some tech stuff.  We all got to see and touch the trophy.. that was pretty cool..

9 hours ago, plasmadrive said:

Since our meetings are pretty informal, catching you up is not really so easy.. Kinda one of those "you had to be there" type of things.  Lots of good conversations about the coming year and some tech stuff.  We all got to see and touch the trophy.. that was pretty cool..

Understood... Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it.

• The topic was locked