Light-O-Rama Forums

2017 PacNW CLAP Meeting

zman

The Season is barely a memory at this point, but we wanted to get notice out as early as possible. This event is open to all who are interested and is still one of the last free "mini's" out there. 

C.L.A.P. this year will once again be held the last Saturday in April. April 29th.

Put this in your calendars. Our usual first Sat of May did not work for our gracious host, Nancy.

We know it is still 3+ months away, but if you know you want to attend, let us know. We understand if plans change down the road, we are just trying to get a rough idea of how many we may have.

If there is a subject you to tackle and would like to teach, let us know. It’s great that we have been getting different individuals the past few years who want to present.

If there is a subject you want to know about, so we can attempt to put into the agenda, let us know.

One subject we have bantered about is the use of a 3D printer. Several of our members now have them, and have been using the heck out of them at Set Up time.

More updates and announcements to follow.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zman said:

There are a fair amount of hotels in the area. Motel 6, Best Western. Google search Olympia and DuPont. 

Oh, its not up at your house? I thought it was in woodenville.

No. We have has small workshops at my house, and Charles Enos has a swap meet in late July. Since the inception of this gathering 12-13 years ago, it has been in Lacey WA at Bill and Nancy Foley's house. Bill has a great story, mentored me and others in our area, and sadly passed away in 2012. His wife, Nancy still wants us to meet at her place, as her brother does a bid display in Spokane. Lots of history there. Plus it is just a phenomenal place to hold a gathering. 

On 2/4/2017 at 0:06 AM, zman said:

No. We have has small workshops at my house, and Charles Enos has a swap meet in late July. Since the inception of this gathering 12-13 years ago, it has been in Lacey WA at Bill and Nancy Foley's house. Bill has a great story, mentored me and others in our area, and sadly passed away in 2012. His wife, Nancy still wants us to meet at her place, as her brother does a bid display in Spokane. Lots of history there. Plus it is just a phenomenal place to hold a gathering. 

OH, ok, sounds good, then sounds like i just need a room for Friday nights, i can go home Saturday night after its all over with.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NW CLAPPERS:

Some of you may or may not be aware that on Oct 6th 2016, we lost one of our own, Rex Gaus. Besides Jim Winder, Rex was the member who usually drove up on a motorcycle, many times with his daughter or his wife Vanesa in tow. Rex and Vanesa were in attendance last year. There is a GoFundMe set up for his family, as his wife is disabled and not able to work. They are having a Memorial for Rex on Sat April 1st from 5-9pm. That would have been his and Vanesa’s 25th wedding anniversary.

The family wanted to keep it light, and it will be held at Angelo’s Restaurant in Bellevue, WA. 1830 – 130th Ave NE

Wirekat and I are planning on attending. If you want to join us, a friend of Rex is taking RSVP’s - erikstr@twodads.com

-------------------------------------

The agenda for CLAP 2017 is still being worked out, and we should have an update in a week or so. However, one of our members is working on a group buy. This info is time sensitive and volume dependent.

Jerry, (Jerry72, Bowhunter3125), has the opportunity to get the Really Big Lights for $24 bucks a box (5 bulbs) delivered. He can arrange to bring them to CLAP at the end of April, or can make other arrangements to get them to you should you not be able to attend CLAP.

These are really cool to convert to RGB. I had 32 of them in my Road Tree this year and they were a huge hit with the visitors. I have more to make, and plan 48 in that tree next year (so I already have mine in hand)

Jerry has put a drop dead date of April 2nd to get the order in so they will be here in time for CLAP. There is also a minimum of 36 boxes that needs to be ordered to make this happen. If you are interested or want more details, get with Jerry directly – bowhunter3125@gmail.com 

The agenda has yet to be finalized, however, we are still looking to get an idea for head count. If you have NOT already RSVP’d, please do so. We are working with Nancy on this, as we may move the venue this year. This has not been determined yet. Last year we grew about as big as we can go in Bill’s shop. Nancy was concerned that if we grow any more…... But fear not, if we do change venue’s it will be just as scenic, it is not far from Nancy’s (if you have already made hotel arrangements), and it still has a connection to Bill. More as we get into April.

If you have not already signed up for our PacNW CLAP Facebook group go join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/242224906166484/

This is a closed group to those whom have attended a CLAP meeting.

More info to come.

RBL.jpg

I sent a request for the group Z man. Sale has gone well, over a pallet so far. Not sure if ya posted the sale in the page. But people can get a hold of me that way as well.

Edited by jerry72

21 hours ago, jerry72 said:

I sent a request for the group Z man. Sale has gone well, over a pallet so far. Not sure if ya posted the sale in the page. But people can get a hold of me that way as well.

Jerry can you get me some of those bulbs? I don't know how I missed this, I was looking at another thread and hit my computer and it opened this thread. I didn't even know this new laptop had a mouse pad, its hidden. Ive been using wireless mouse.

Jusr let me know feel free to PM or email me. If you cant no worries. If you are close to a Greyhound bus terminal shipping is dirt cheap (space A)

JR

14 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Jerry can you get me some of those bulbs? I don't know how I missed this, I was looking at another thread and hit my computer and it opened this thread. I didn't even know this new laptop had a mouse pad, its hidden. Ive been using wireless mouse.

Jusr let me know feel free to PM or email me. If you cant no worries. If you are close to a Greyhound bus terminal shipping is dirt cheap (space A)

JR

Well, i will be going right by a Grey hound Terminal when i go to the mini at the end of April. Send me a PM with how many boxes ya want.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 0:02 PM, zman said:

NW CLAPPERS:

Some of you may or may not be aware that on Oct 6th 2016, we lost one of our own, Rex Gaus. Besides Jim Winder, Rex was the member who usually drove up on a motorcycle, many times with his daughter or his wife Vanesa in tow. Rex and Vanesa were in attendance last year. There is a GoFundMe set up for his family, as his wife is disabled and not able to work. They are having a Memorial for Rex on Sat April 1st from 5-9pm. That would have been his and Vanesa’s 25th wedding anniversary.

The family wanted to keep it light, and it will be held at Angelo’s Restaurant in Bellevue, WA. 1830 – 130th Ave NE

Wirekat and I are planning on attending. If you want to join us, a friend of Rex is taking RSVP’s - erikstr@twodads.com

-------------------------------------

The agenda for CLAP 2017 is still being worked out, and we should have an update in a week or so. However, one of our members is working on a group buy. This info is time sensitive and volume dependent.

Jerry, (Jerry72, Bowhunter3125), has the opportunity to get the Really Big Lights for $24 bucks a box (5 bulbs) delivered. He can arrange to bring them to CLAP at the end of April, or can make other arrangements to get them to you should you not be able to attend CLAP.

These are really cool to convert to RGB. I had 32 of them in my Road Tree this year and they were a huge hit with the visitors. I have more to make, and plan 48 in that tree next year (so I already have mine in hand)

Jerry has put a drop dead date of April 2nd to get the order in so they will be here in time for CLAP. There is also a minimum of 36 boxes that needs to be ordered to make this happen. If you are interested or want more details, get with Jerry directly – bowhunter3125@gmail.com 

The agenda has yet to be finalized, however, we are still looking to get an idea for head count. If you have NOT already RSVP’d, please do so. We are working with Nancy on this, as we may move the venue this year. This has not been determined yet. Last year we grew about as big as we can go in Bill’s shop. Nancy was concerned that if we grow any more…... But fear not, if we do change venue’s it will be just as scenic, it is not far from Nancy’s (if you have already made hotel arrangements), and it still has a connection to Bill. More as we get into April.

If you have not already signed up for our PacNW CLAP Facebook group go join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/242224906166484/

This is a closed group to those whom have attended a CLAP meeting.

More info to come.

RBL.jpg

We can change the end date of the sale to April 8th, i have a time on shipping form them to me so we can extend the sale for another week.

• 3 weeks later...

Just over a week left to go in the sale, if you or anyone ya know wants to get these all white lights, now is the time. If your not planning to be at the CLAP meeting this year, but live in the Pacific Northwest, we can certainly make arrangements to get them to you. Matt from Rainy Oregon Christmas up in Newberg is willing to be a pick up point. He is close to Portland and just off the 5. 

Ugh wish I were a lot closer so I could get in on this deal. Looks like those would be fun to play with. Oh well. Enjoy guys. 

Unfortunately CLAP is cancelled for 2017…..

April Fools!

Just a quick update. We are 4 weeks away from CLAP. We are still looking for RSVPs to assist with head count for lunch. If you have already RSVP’d we have you down, if not, please let us know.

Here is an updated agenda and vendor list:

Friday afternoon 2-5pm Set up or just hang out and talk more lights

Friday April 28th - 5pm - ?? Pizza Meet and Greet for those in the area

Farrell’s Pizza -  4870 Yelm Hwy SE, Lacey, WA 98503

Saturday April 29th - 7am – 8am Networking, coffee, snacks

Saturday April 29th - 8am CLAP Starts. Typically we go till 5 or 6pm.

Nancy Foley - 4842 Thompson Lane SE, Olympia, WA 98513

Agenda (not necessarily in this order)

1.   Coro and Plastic for your Display – Don McGillivray

2.   Video your Display – Mike Ziemkowski

3.   3D Printing and the Decorator – Lowell Fuher

4.   Photon Stick Wireless Pixel Receiver – Steve Garrett

5.   Xlights and AC Controllers – Kevin Thomas

6.   Newbies, New Things, New Challenges – Open Group Discussion

7.   Top 10 Pixel Hardware List – Mark Zembruski

Sponsors. We have some new ones, and we have some who have supported us over the years. Please, please, support them, and never forget to thank them for their CLAP support:

·         Falcon Christmas

·         Creative Displays Inc

·         Demented Elf

·         Rainy Oregon Christmas

·         Boscoyo

·         Christmas-LEDs

·         Winklebottom's

·         McLendons

·         Holiday Technologies

·         Christmas Expo

·         Really Big Lights

3G Lighting

Edited by zman

• 3 weeks later...

Just 2 more weeks to go. Still looking for RSVPs or unfortunately if you have to cancel. 

We have a few more sponsors to announce:

San Devices

Crockett Family of Lights