Light-O-Rama Forums

create 2 arches off 1-100 pixel strip in visualizer

brichi

There has to be an issue in PE with the channel assignment. Can you screenshot the preview of the arch?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

absolutely, better yet when i get home from work i can video the setup and each screen, maybe there is something you can see. 

heres one i shot quick on my work computer just playing - 

you can see its all set and PE and SE play in visualizer but the pixie4 is not translating that to the smart pixel strip CCR

From your video in the pixel editor your selecting dmx for controller type   you should select lor controller

yes but then i cannot choose 100 pixels for a string, thats the issue. to do 100 pixel strings i need to do DMX strings and then convert somehow as per this replies in this post. thanks

doing that disables the view in visualizer being visualizer is set for DMX

Edited by brichi

You should check with lor to see if you can split the 100 pixel string on one port to two 50 pixels props 

I only use Sandevices controllers on E1-31 which makes what your trying to very easy.  I looked on lor website I think you would have to use two ports of 50 pixels to do it with the pixe 4  but that's why you should check with lor to see if you can split the string in two on one port .

8 hours ago, SPaschall said:

There has to be an issue in PE with the channel assignment. Can you screenshot the preview of the arch?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

posted a video a few posts up, everything looks ok as far as I could see. Maybe I need to get my pixie4 into dmx mode somehow?

also the pixie4 only chows E1.27, I don't see anywhere for a E1.31 network 

Edited by brichi

I was able to successfully run 100 WS2811 12v bullet pixels - divided into two runs of 50 pixels each - from one port of a Pixie4. 

There was approximately 6' between the controller and the first group and about 6' between the two groups of pixels.

I know I can run them off the controller, the issue is putting that into Visualizer to program. You can't do 100 pixels on one channel in LOR world in visualizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, the com5 serial shows up in device manager but infer the drop down in network prefs there are no adapters showing up. 59cdc4559f75d84013f1eff628b4a7a6.jpg

I reinstalled the driver for the adapter and now I'm getting this at least. Making some progress here.

633c79184662515750828353b0a68978.jpg