Oklahoma OKC Mini (Meet and Greet)

Pick a OK Mini Date   8 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which date works for you

• April 1rst
    • April 8th
    • April 15th
    • April 22nd
    • April 29th

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

359 posts in this topic

Sounds great Liz.

I know a few of us will want to pry your mind on your pixel display. :)

19 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

...I know a few of us will want to pry your mind on your pixel display. :)

OkieGirl's display had RGB singing faces too - just saying...

1 person likes this

We are seriously considering doing our entire display in RGB next year!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

anyone care to share RGB singing face sequences?  Will be trying that this year for Halloween, have a 12mm bullet pixel pumpkin face coming from Boscoyo Studios this week.  would love to be able to dig into someone's sequence that has already done one.  Have done them for years doing the rope light LOR route.

email is chet68845@gmail.com

Edited by caniac

anyone care to share RGB singing face sequences?  Will be trying that this year for Halloween, have a 12mm bullet pixel pumpkin face coming from Boscoyo Studios this week.  would love to be able to dig into someone's sequence that has already done one.  Have done them for years doing the rope light LOR route.

email is chet68845@gmail.com

Sorry, we only do the singing trees during Christmas.

1 minute ago, OkieGirl said:

Sorry, we only do the singing trees during Christmas.

should be the same concept though shouldn't it?  Upper Eyes, Lower Eyes, and five mouth movements (Upper, Middle, Lower, O, and E).

should be the same concept though shouldn't it?  Upper Eyes, Lower Eyes, and five mouth movements (Upper, Middle, Lower, O, and E).

Sounds the same. I don't have any face sequences for Halloween, though. When I first started, I bought a few quartet sequences from a guy I found through eBay and he does do Halloween. He is cheaper directly on his site. ($8 a song) http://edwardczajka.blogspot.com/2015/07/sequences.html?m=1.

Just now, OkieGirl said:

Sounds the same. I don't have any face sequences for Halloween, though. When I first started, I bought a few quartet sequences from a guy I found through eBay and he does do Halloween. He is cheaper directly on his site. ($8 a song) http://edwardczajka.blogspot.com/2015/07/sequences.html?m=1.

not looking to buy, mostly curious as to how someone else was doing an RGB singing element.  Not looking to buy a sequence for Halloween or Christmas, I have more than enough.  I have been doing singing trees and singing pumpkins for 7+ years so doing it the LOR way isn't an issue.  Was only curious as to how someone is doing an RGB version.

8 minutes ago, caniac said:

not looking to buy, mostly curious as to how someone else was doing an RGB singing element.  Not looking to buy a sequence for Halloween or Christmas, I have more than enough.  I have been doing singing trees and singing pumpkins for 7+ years so doing it the LOR way isn't an issue.  Was only curious as to how someone is doing an RGB version.

roadtrip Chet - come on down!

1 minute ago, Mega Arch said:

roadtrip Chet - come on down!

I plan on being there and bringing my better half, we work together on our displays.  Up until this year I had done all the sequencing but now she is getting her feet wet.  We mapped it out and it is 5 hours each way so we will need to know if Motel 6 will keep a light on for us. lol

awesome.

Ok, that makes sense. I have only done it through xlights. Have you thought about converting your sequences?

22 minutes ago, OkieGirl said:

Ok, that makes sense. I have only done it through xlights. Have you thought about converting your sequences?

I have not, wasn't sure if you needed to know the pixel count for each part.  The singing pumpkins I am looking at are between 310-400 pixels each.

23 minutes ago, OkieGirl said:

So Liz,

You have already brought up a great topic. XLIGHTS. I want to see that in person so if you can bring a laptop or computer (show computer), we can hook it up to a projector I will have setup. :) 

We're getting interest from non-animated light enthusiast from Planet Christmas. :) 

We all will learn from each other. That's what a Mini is all about. 

So Liz,
You have already brought up a great topic. XLIGHTS. I want to see that in person so if you can bring a laptop or computer (show computer), we can hook it up to a projector I will have setup.  

Sure, no problem!

I have not, wasn't sure if you needed to know the pixel count for each part.  The singing pumpkins I am looking at are between 310-400 pixels each.

We use dummy RGB lights in the trees so it doesn't matter.

39 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

We're getting interest from non-animated light enthusiast from Planet Christmas. :) 

All righty. Sounding like a party. 

Dang, I will probably end up spending more money after this meet. First at least one member has said he will ride along with me, I will pick him up in Arkansas and he has every toy on his display RGB's and CCR's. The second person that may ride along is also a mixed lighter with RGB's and going CCR. Then there is me, old school thinking about jumping onto at least the RGB bandwagon. By the time I drive up and back I will def have a list, normally my lists mean $ out.

It's for the children, who can say no?

JR

20 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

....It's for the children, who can say no?

JR

Yeah. For the kids. Right. 

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Yeah. For the kids. Right. 

Actually my two lil boys love it and just to see them smile means the world to me.

I am a softy.

JR

Sounds like we will be working up an appetite 

26 minutes ago, Papa6058 said:

Sounds like we will be working up an appetite 

Yes we will and BBQ sounds nice. :)

I will contact Van's in hopes for a discount on some kind (unless you can work your magic for something). If we go this route, it may cause a fee for the mini if the option is chosen to be included with the feast.

Let us know Michael what you find out.

Send me a private message

So just a friendly bump here.

There has been involvement behind the scenes from several members from here and Planet Christmas. Looks to be a great turn out with great stuff in the mix.

If you haven't voted on a date. Please do so. An announcement of the date will be made soon hinged on your votes.

More to come very soon.

Stay tuned.

Tom