Pick a OK Mini Date  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which date works for you

• April 1rst
    • April 8th
    • April 15th
    • April 22nd
    • April 29th

Yes, this "Santa Clause" thing has me thinking.......hum, what its all about. May need some JAck for that one.

Seriously though, I wont be drinking since its a very long drive. Suggestion, prize for longest road trip to attend! Haha JK

We had those prizes for a Rally America event.

21 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Seriously though, I wont be drinking since its a very long drive. Suggestion, prize for longest road trip to attend! Haha JK

We had those prizes for a Rally America event.

The "Santa Clause" won't involve drinking. But if someone gets thirsty during the meet, that's their choice, to a certain point. Safety for everyone during and departing the event is my main priority. Having fun is the second priority. :) 

Prize for longest distance traveled (road trip)??? Now there's a good idea JR.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Prize for longest distance traveled (road trip)??? Now there's a good idea JR.

Hey hey hey. How about some fair play?

Shortest distance too. 

???

• Like 1

Greetings everyone,

I'll be placing an order from McMaster-Carr for some tubing to make 4 more arches.

Because shipping can be expensive for one individual when ordering, I'm wanting to soften the blow by combining the order with others here and split the shipping cost.

So if you're thinking of making arches like these in this video using pixels, 

then get with me so we can combine the order. If you go at it alone, you will be paying VERY expensive shipping.

Here is the website for McMaster-Carr. https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/122/142/=111rvaa item 50375K64 Semi-Clear WHite 2" OD.

I hope to get it delivered my the date of the mini.

Let me know ASAP.

Tom

• Like 1

^ I was a bit shocked by the cost of shipping when I ordered from them. The shipping was nearly as much as the tubes... But it was well worth it. :) Can't wait for you to get your arches up and running!! I love mine!

Lol. I hope YOUR road trip is better too JR.

I just looked at a weather model I use and looks like our date is in between rainy spells. I know it's early and weather model and forecast will change, but lookin good so far. ?

5 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Lol. I hope YOUR road trip is better too JR.

I just looked at a weather model I use and looks like our date is in between rainy spells. I know it's early and weather model and forecast will change, but lookin good so far. ?

Dang it, I just thought, if my RV Motorhome wasn't totaled I could have so much appeared like Cousin Eddie in my favorite Christmas movie. Christmas Vacation. White shoes and all

• Like 1

Something for everyone to consider.

Some of us will be travelling a good distance. I know of at least three members that I will either be driving by, travelling with or convoying with along the way.

I think it would be a great idea for those that don't mind sharing their name/ tel # and city from where they are travelling from. That information can be passed on to the Powers that be AKA Santa Helper and compiled and then redistributed to those that are attending.

This way if anyone should have any unforeseen emergency(s), breakdown ect. they may be able to get some assistance from another member here.

I know my "sweeper truck" that's what they are called for rally racing. Is equipped to pull you out of a pickle, unless you drive a semi tractor, but id still give it some effort.Well I keep losing parts of my post so I will finish by stating, I have already provided my info. Some of you already have it. ~JR

• Like 3

Good point JR.

If folks want to provide me your info in a message, we can tag others showing up so it's not posted out to the public.

• Like 1

Update:

SO I did a little playing around over the weekend. :ph34r:

I'll have an area set up for the soldering stations and other stuff with a cool 3D background. 

Mini%20Solder%20Station_zpsrbud7q7w.jpg

Behind that cool 3D background curtain I'll have a projector set up and the screen will be 7 feet wide. :) 

Mini%20Projector_zpsmco4kdvy.jpg

Also, Mark and Liz are coming over this coming weekend to discuss what they will be bringing/doing. :) 

Next week I'll be cleaning the grill.

Summer-BBQ_zpsmf9pmamg.jpg

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Update:

SO I did a little playing around over the weekend. :ph34r:

I'll have an area set up for the soldering stations and other stuff with a cool 3D background. 

Mini%20Solder%20Station_zpsrbud7q7w.jpg

Behind that cool 3D background curtain I'll have a projector set up and the screen will be 7 feet wide. :) 

Mini%20Projector_zpsmco4kdvy.jpg

Also, Mark and Liz are coming over this coming weekend to discuss what they will be bringing/doing. :) 

Next week I'll be cleaning the grill.

Summer-BBQ_zpsmf9pmamg.jpg

I grew up in way upstate NY where we would call that "a snack". (JK, its a skinny red squirrel and not a grey squirrel) I actually have a squirrel right now stuck between the walls in my house.

43 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I actually have a squirrel right now stuck between the walls in my house.

Bring it. We'll grill that too. Lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Bring it. We'll grill that too. Lol

If I could get to it Id grill it myself. Been in there for about a week. Was talking to our friend here  JAmes Morris on the phone and went to track it. Later on it was in between my 25 foot wall. To far down I cant see it. I tried to drop him a rope. Was thinking fishing line with a bunch of hooks but with my luck id catch the wire behind the receptacle where he is. I just hope he doesn't stink.

• Like 1

Remove the closest wall outlet to provide an opening and set a trap to catch it. If that works, you gotta bring it to the mini. ?

36 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Remove the closest wall outlet to provide an opening and set a trap to catch it. If that works, you gotta bring it to the mini. ?

The outlets are nailed to the wall stud. He fell in between two studs 16" on center. I tried to lower a sheet that I cut, just like inmates use to attempt to escape in hopes hed get out.

Last T-day one flying squirrel (sugar squirrel) go into out shower via the vent. Luckily the door was shut. He knocked over some shampoo bottles, I grabbed the pistol and found him staring at me with those sad eyes. Took almost 2 hours to catch him unharmed and released. I was using my hands. I finally got him with a t shirt over him. He just kept escaping because I didn't want to kill him.

This squirrel different story. The wall is where our ceiling vaults 30'. He is in the very bottom with only 4" or so of room to wiggle. He cant climb up sheerock. My biggest fear is, in his bordom he chews the receptacle wire but hopefully the short would cause the circuit to trip. He also has a nut in there or perhaps the skull of one before him. He rolls it around.

I am just surprised he has lived this long without water, its hot in the attic.