Pick a OK Mini Date  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which date works for you

• April 1rst
    • April 8th
    • April 15th
    • April 22nd
    • April 29th

So, going with the votes from the LOR forum and Planet Christmas forum, the date will be…

April 8th!!! (Saturday)

So mark your calendars. :) 

More info to come real soon so stay tuned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Santas Helper said:

So, going with the votes from the LOR forum and Planet Christmas forum, the date will be…

April 8th!!! (Saturday)

I'm in.   

Let me know how I can help....

April 8th!!! (Saturday)

Calendar marked, now for the important stuff like nearby hotels, where NOT to stay, et al.

35 minutes ago, caniac said:

Calendar marked, now for the important stuff like nearby hotels, where NOT to stay, et al.

Great Chet, I will provide that and stuff going on at the time in OKC.

I'll provide a visual map of Mini location and hotels and such in the surrounding area.

Edited by Santas Helper

Great Chet, I will provide that and stuff going on at the time in OKC.

I'll provide a visual map of Mini location and hotels and such in the surrounding area.

Great news since that is one of my available dates. I will also be looking for a good hotel. Don will be coming along and I believe he will be staying a couple extra days to visit family so we may be following each other. I was going to give him a lesson on papagayo on the way there to pass the time. LOL

3 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I'll be there!! Look forward to meeting everyone! Is there anything we should bring?

Where in AK are you?

I will/ may be passing through to either pu Don or meet at his house along the way.

Reminds me of the old movie Road Trip, all I need now is Art's Queen Family Truckster

JR

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

April 8th!!! (Saturday)

5 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

I'm in.   

Let me know how I can help....

Finally feeling well enough to sequence so been at it all day, thanks to big problems with SE (strange stuff).

Tom and Dan let me know what you would like me to bring, pm, text or call.

I will bring materials for matrix # 2. PVC pipe and may bring a controller, box and all to be assembled. Not sure on controller though. Anyone want a basic on papagayo (singing face stuff)I am willing to show you (basics) takes to long for more than that.

JR

April 8th!!! (Saturday)

So mark your calendars. [emoji4] 

Awesome!! That was my pick! Woot woot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Where in AK are you?...

I'm located in Barling, AR. . . (Or Fort Smith, basically) Right on the Arkansas River bordering Oklahoma!

5 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I'm located in Barling, AR. . . (Or Fort Smith, basically) Right on the Arkansas River bordering Oklahoma!

I C Probably closer than we are.

Open to all LOR/PC members, families and friends on the planet!!!

Date: Saturday April 8th. (Friday/Saturday evening plans on location are in the works for those that want to be active with lights at night and enjoy beverages and visiting)

Location: 9504 S Rockwell Ave, Okla City, OK  73169 (see the google map) Google Map
Admission: Free as always
Time: 12:00 pm until ???

Lodging: there are many hotels in the area which can be found with a google search. Any hotels along I-40 or I-240 are in good areas. Hotels in Bricktown are good if looking for something else to do during your visit to OKC. Bass Pro Shop is there too.

Tents/RVs: If you feel like roughing it J and want to save money, I have a couple acres to setup a tent or park an RV if you choose to do so. I can provide 110v power and water to those who request it. A port-a-potty will be available on site. And yes, we have a fire pit too.

Food/snacks and such will be provided. This means we eat/munch at our own pace and spend more time on the fun stuff.

If anyone wants to make a donation or bring food/snacks, please let me know. If you’re a chef, or just like cooking/baking, then by all means bring your masterpiece. J

BBQ meat is in the process of being worked out.

Strongly recommended:
Bring your projects, thoughts, ideas and especially your humor.
There have been great ideas shared and posted. I would like to see those ideas in person, along with everyone else who attends.

Door prizes will be given out during the event by random drawing.

There will be an overhead projector connected to a computer for any training/sharing or showing videos of our displays. Please bring your own laptop/computer if you feel the need and maybe want assistance with setting up your channels/settings and such.

A soldering station will be setup for those wanting to see/learn a little and maybe even build/repair a few things.

There will also be an area set up (darkened) for displaying lit-up projects to see in action during the day.

Now is the time to chime in and mention what you would like to see/show/share.

So what would you like to see/share???

DIY? RGB strips? Pixels?  Arches? Mini Trees? Mega Tree? Snow Flakes? Pixel Editor? Superstar? Controllers? Transmitters?
It's endless!!!  (so bring your stuff to show others).

If you are thinking, planning or have started on a project and want to ask/show/share, please do so!!!

If you have items to swap/trade/sell, bring those too.

As mentioned earlier, there is "no cost" to attend the OKC-Mini. There is “no schedule” to keep up with once things get started. So show up when you can and stay for however long you can.

Reminder: your inputs are strongly recommended and appreciated.

Soooo stay tuned for further updates/posts.
Thank you, and let the fun begin :) .

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 2

Me- Papagayo - basic only. I will find a very short song

Matrix - pvc and other ideas to see whats best (This will be if I get the tool to put the holes in it in time) without the holes this cant go forward to the mini. Unless someone has a drill press and a work around for the 2" spacing.

I will be booking the room for Don and I tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Look forward to meeting the great people of the OKC.

Can you guys invite the "Street Outlaw" crew?

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Can you guys invite the "Street Outlaw" crew?

They office close to my work and a friend of mine was in their show with his hurst a few years ago. 

But they don't do Christmas lights - so I'm not inviting them. 

2 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

They office close to my work and a friend of mine was in their show with his hurst a few years ago. 

But they don't do Christmas lights - so I'm not inviting them. 

I was joking, I just like the show. I did see that funny show and the LEO stopping them. Reminded me of the old Cheech and Chong movie.

21 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I'll be bringing my spiral mini pixel trees, and maybe a coro cane?? Hmmm... decisions decisions. . . 

Great Idea for the raffle! I'm in.

JR

1 hour ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I'll be bringing my spiral mini pixel trees, and maybe a coro cane?? Hmmm... decisions decisions. . . 

Awesome Matt!!! Even better if you're able to bring both. :) 

There are other folks, including myself that would like to see pixels and such in person. I just touched the surface with pixels for arches this last season but have a lot more to learn, partly the ease of creating sequences with them.

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Great Idea for the raffle! I'm in.

JR

:lol:

Awesome Matt!!! Even better if you're able to bring both. :) 

There are other folks, including myself that would like to see pixels and such in person. I just touched the surface with pixels for arches this last season but have a lot more to learn, partly the ease of creating sequences with them.

I'll do my best to bring both! I'd gladly bring my pixel arches as well for everyone, but I don't think they will fit in my car! :( Oh how I can't wait for a bigger car!! Feel free to take a look at my arches in the video below, and I'll help you out in any way I can. I don't know "that" much, but I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have! :)

12 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I'd gladly bring my pixel arches as well for everyone, but I don't think they will fit in my car! :( 

Matt, my arches look pretty much the same as yours so I wouldn't worry about bringing them if space is a problem. I'll have mine on display.

th_MOV09284_zpst6yaux8r.mp4

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 1