Pick a OK Mini Date  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which date works for you

• April 1rst
    • April 8th
    • April 15th
    • April 22nd
    • April 29th

Excellent Josh!!! It really is alot of fun to meet and visit with others in this same crazy hobby. Plus you get to learn and see neat and amazing stuff others have to share.

17 minutes ago, McAllister said:

I'm good the 1st or 8th.  I just need to know in the next 2-3 weeks to request off work.  Please keep me in the loop!

Excellent!!! Will do McAllister and thanks for chiming in. 

Awesome idea! Thanks for hosting, Tom. My husband and I are both interested in going (of course is depends on if we can get the kids watched). We are looking at the dates, but we will probably stay away from April 15 since it is the day before Easter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

...I know a few of us will want to pry your mind on your pixel display. :)

OkieGirl's display had RGB singing faces too - just saying...

• Like 1

We are seriously considering doing our entire display in RGB next year!!!!

anyone care to share RGB singing face sequences?  Will be trying that this year for Halloween, have a 12mm bullet pixel pumpkin face coming from Boscoyo Studios this week.  would love to be able to dig into someone's sequence that has already done one.  Have done them for years doing the rope light LOR route.

email is chet68845@gmail.com

Edited by caniac

anyone care to share RGB singing face sequences?  Will be trying that this year for Halloween, have a 12mm bullet pixel pumpkin face coming from Boscoyo Studios this week.  would love to be able to dig into someone's sequence that has already done one.  Have done them for years doing the rope light LOR route.

email is chet68845@gmail.com

Sorry, we only do the singing trees during Christmas.

1 minute ago, OkieGirl said:

Sorry, we only do the singing trees during Christmas.

should be the same concept though shouldn't it?  Upper Eyes, Lower Eyes, and five mouth movements (Upper, Middle, Lower, O, and E).

should be the same concept though shouldn't it?  Upper Eyes, Lower Eyes, and five mouth movements (Upper, Middle, Lower, O, and E).

Sounds the same. I don't have any face sequences for Halloween, though. When I first started, I bought a few quartet sequences from a guy I found through eBay and he does do Halloween. He is cheaper directly on his site. ($8 a song) http://edwardczajka.blogspot.com/2015/07/sequences.html?m=1.

Just now, OkieGirl said:

Sounds the same. I don't have any face sequences for Halloween, though. When I first started, I bought a few quartet sequences from a guy I found through eBay and he does do Halloween. He is cheaper directly on his site. ($8 a song) http://edwardczajka.blogspot.com/2015/07/sequences.html?m=1.

not looking to buy, mostly curious as to how someone else was doing an RGB singing element.  Not looking to buy a sequence for Halloween or Christmas, I have more than enough.  I have been doing singing trees and singing pumpkins for 7+ years so doing it the LOR way isn't an issue.  Was only curious as to how someone is doing an RGB version.

8 minutes ago, caniac said:

not looking to buy, mostly curious as to how someone else was doing an RGB singing element.  Not looking to buy a sequence for Halloween or Christmas, I have more than enough.  I have been doing singing trees and singing pumpkins for 7+ years so doing it the LOR way isn't an issue.  Was only curious as to how someone is doing an RGB version.

roadtrip Chet - come on down!

1 minute ago, Mega Arch said:

roadtrip Chet - come on down!

I plan on being there and bringing my better half, we work together on our displays.  Up until this year I had done all the sequencing but now she is getting her feet wet.  We mapped it out and it is 5 hours each way so we will need to know if Motel 6 will keep a light on for us. lol

Ok, that makes sense. I have only done it through xlights. Have you thought about converting your sequences?

22 minutes ago, OkieGirl said:

Ok, that makes sense. I have only done it through xlights. Have you thought about converting your sequences?

I have not, wasn't sure if you needed to know the pixel count for each part.  The singing pumpkins I am looking at are between 310-400 pixels each.

23 minutes ago, OkieGirl said:

So Liz,

You have already brought up a great topic. XLIGHTS. I want to see that in person so if you can bring a laptop or computer (show computer), we can hook it up to a projector I will have setup. :) 

We're getting interest from non-animated light enthusiast from Planet Christmas. :) 

We all will learn from each other. That's what a Mini is all about.