8 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which date works for you

• April 1rst
    • April 8th
    • April 15th
    • April 22nd
    • April 29th

Oklahoma OKC Mini (Meet and Greet)

So we are way overdue for a mini in the OKC and surrounding area (including all surrounding areas).

What is a Mini? Well…

Mini - a small economy car produced by the English… No, No, No. Not that Mini. 

Mini - Something that is distinctively smaller than a larger group of its type or class.... Yes, that’s the one.

I started hosting minis back in 2006 and hosted for several years when another light enthusiast kept it going for a few years more. Then it went quiet the past couple years.

Well it’s time to play once again. J

There has been a big change in technology for Christmas light displays in the past few years and so we need to provide a get-together to share and trade ideas/projects and meet new folks.

And there has been a lot of new members that have joined since then.

It's a great time to meet new folks, reunite with veterans and share new stuff and ideas or show off a little. It's also a great time to maybe swap or sell stuff.

In the past, the spring time has been the best before vacations kick in for the summer.

I will offer to host the mini but if someone else wants to step up, by all means please do so.

If interested, provide your preference in the Poll and and chime in on what weekend (Saturday) in April works best for you. I will narrow down to what the majority requests.

A post will be made on Planet Christmas for this event as well.

There will be an official invite and details to come soon.

PM me or post here.

So are you interested???

Edited by Santas Helper

37 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Oklahoma OKC Mini (Meet and Greet)

So we are way overdue for a mini in the OKC and surrounding area (including all surrounding areas).

What is a Mini? Well…

Mini - a small economy car produced by the English… No, No, No. Not that Mini. 

Mini - Something that is distinctively smaller than a larger group of its type or class.... Yes, that’s the one.

I started hosting minis back in 2006 and hosted for several years when another light enthusiast kept it going for a few years more. Then it went quiet the past couple years.

Well it’s time to play once again. J

There has been a big change in technology for Christmas light displays in the past few years and so we need to provide a get-together to share and trade ideas/projects and meet new folks.

And there has been a lot of new members that have joined since then.

It's a great time to meet new folks, reunite with veterans and share new stuff and ideas or show off a little. It's also a great time to maybe swap or sell stuff.

In the past, the spring time has been the best before vacations kick in for the summer.

I will offer to host the mini but if someone else wants to step up, by all means please do so.

If interested, provide your preference in the Poll and and chime in on what weekend (Saturday) in April works best for you. I will narrow down to what the majority requests.

A post will be made on Planet Christmas for this event as well.

There will be an official invite and details to come soon.

PM me or post here.

So are you interested???

I'm in. Sounds like a great time. Can't do the 29th. We have physical inventory that weekend. Any other weekend looks good right now. 

I wonder if 10 hours is outside the "surrounding areas"? I so live in the wrong region.

Maybe someone else along the way between Bham and Dallas would like to attend.

Any of the other "mini" categories and I would def be an outsider.

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I wonder if 10 hours is outside the "surrounding areas"? I so live in the wrong region.

Maybe someone else along the way between Bham and Dallas would like to attend.

Any of the other "mini" categories and I would def be an outsider.

JR

We'll definitely take you. Come on to ours. 

5 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

We'll definitely take you. Come on to ours. 

Thanks Dan. No promises, wifes last few semesters of NP school so have to see if I can squeeze around her schedule. Maybe I can get one or more other members that live near or west of me to come along. Sounds like a blast and a way to personally thank some of the members that help others out.

JR

April 15 (Easter weekend) no go April 22 (cant do) April 21 I have a late concert Tim McGraw/ Faith Hill Bday tickets.

My vote would be for any of the other three dates.

If I make it I will be bringing Derkngoogly  along for the fun.

Road Trip

JR

Not sure where or what area you want to meet up. I have been looking forward to this for years, but present job I can't do Saturdays unless you want to meet at my work. Van's Pig Stand in Norman

5 hours ago, Papa6058 said:

Not sure where or what area you want to meet up. I have been looking forward to this for years, but present job I can't do Saturdays unless you want to meet at my work. Van's Pig Stand in Norman

Papa, if I host it, it will probably be at my house. I have plenty of parking and space to set up stuff.

In the past, Saturdays are best for folks if they have to travel.

5 hours ago, Papa6058 said:

Sounds like a good place to meet and eat?  You must have one hell of a boss or you are the boss to host a mini at your work.....cool!

17 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Sounds like a good place to meet and eat?  You must have one hell of a boss or you are the boss to host a mini at your work.....cool!

I wonder is we can get Van's Pig Stand to cater and Papa to deliver and serve it. Then we would have the great food and Papa join us too. :) It's a win-win-win.

6 hours ago, Papa6058 said:

Good gravy Papa - from your house that's an hour commute - EACH WAY. Can't be worth it. Well, unless Van's pays you in bacon.

??????

All Papa's BBQ talk is making me hungry. I'm thinking that's why there hasn't been much attention to this thread. We haven't spelled out

BEER

I'll help out with the food/beverage costs for this mini - so there people - you're covered.

Now vote.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

All Papa's BBQ talk is making me hungry. I'm thinking that's why there hasn't been much attention to this thread. We haven't spelled out

BEER

I'll help out with the food/beverage costs for this mini - so there people - you're covered.

Now vote.

Fireball! It's cold outside. I did message Tom as well.

JR

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Fireball! It's cold outside. I did message Tom as well.

JR

I have that covered as well JR. :)

32 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

BEER

Now vote.

Thanks Daniel. :) I knew we were missing something. LOL

More details will be coming once we know who and when.

I'll give it another week or so.