Light-O-Rama Forums

How is your display take-down coming along?

Santas Helper

Happy New Year, Everyone!  Just think--it's time to start thinking about 2017!

The wife and I took down everything today but a few CCPs on the house.  Too old for the roof stuff so waiting for the son to come this weekend for that part.  As some of you have already said, it sure looks dark out there now that the lights are off.

Old Sarge, sorry for your loss.  Hope you are feeling better and got the flu shot.:wub:

6 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

Due to 2 deaths in the family and coming down with the flue I have not even started my take down yet.

Debbie Reynolds was my dads cousin.

Debbie and Carrie were wonderful ladies. I enjoyed their performances on the silver screen... Debbie made me laugh and sing in the musical movie "Singin' in the Rain;" Carrie inspired me through Star Wars. These angels were amazing idols and I hope you can rest easy knowing that these icons touched so many lives and will continue to affect many more through the coming years. I'm honored and privileged to have seen their work. I plan to share the beautiful fruits of their labor with family and new generations forever.

Thank you all.

I did get my flue shot but I think I got the strand that wasn't covered this year with it.

Again Thank You All for your thoughts and prayers.

Got my entire display down except for my 150 pound aluminum tubing CCR tree. In hindsight, it was a terrible idea using that thing, lol.

Came down much faster than it went up. Took down in 3 days with 2 guys helping. Thank everyone here for there help is making everything work this year. Already planning for next year. See you in OKC in April.

I was outside earlier this morning unplugging all of the faces with thoughts of taking down the display this weekend and one of my friends saw me and stopped by on his way to work. He took down all of the singing faces 10 of them and all of my cords.

All that's left now is the house and that requires me to rent a JLG. Going to have "snow" so this weekend is out, not figting that traffic nightmare. So will wait until one day next week. When Im up there I have a whole lot of measuring to do.

JR

It was a LOT more fun putting it up than taking it down.  The front yard looks so bare now.  Kind of depressing...

It's all down, most stored away, just a few items that have to be stacked on racks above the garage door and many of the extension cords that I'm waiting for a slight warmup before I coil them to avoid cracks. 

Looks like a break between storms for this weekend in SoCal.  Planning to get 'er done then........hopefully!  We have had more rain this winter so far than we had all last winter with the El Nino going.....go figure.

After the great response this year (everybody says Merry Christmas now instead of "Happy Holidays"), managed to take down all the pixicles from the roof. The ground props can be done anytime, even in bad weather.

It was COLD on the roof! Should have made the penguins do that work.

Winter depression setting in as snow is on the way and no lights or music anymore.

Time to start bugging LOR for new software! Haha!

Now I wish I waited to take down the stuff. With snow forecasted it would have looked beautiful with the lights, would have reminded me of where my roots started. Upstate NY.

Forecasting for 3-4" possibly, that means central AL will be shutdown for a week.

JR

Now I wish I waited to take down the stuff. With snow forecasted it would have looked beautiful with the lights, would have reminded me of where my roots started. Upstate NY.
Forecasting for 3-4" possibly, that means central AL will be shutdown for a week.

JR

Man glad I'm just a bit more south in Florida. I didn't miss taking down the display in the snow. I wore shorts and it was glorious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man glad I'm just a bit more south in Florida. I didn't miss taking down the display in the snow. I wore shorts and it was glorious

Yes I'm on the treasure coast and there is nothing like taking the display down in 83 degree weather. Still have 3 things to take down. Not looking forward to taking my 16' wreath apart. 36 channels with 400 lights on each section wrapped tightly around the pole. [emoji848]has to be a better way.

Well, today I had planned on getting the rest of the lights taken down. . . But I woke up to a snow covered yard today. . . Well, maybe next weekend? 

~Matt

My show is still up and running. I couldn't take it down if I wanted to, a while back we had wet snow then it got up into the forties now we have highs of 8 degrees. Everything is securely fastened with ice and I don't think you could move it even with a bulldozer. Right now we have that type of snow that a 300-pound man could walk across without sinking in once

Made good progress yesterday and today. It's been a little cold out, 8F in this AM and a whopping 20F around noon, but I actually don't mind that. Just makes the coffee taste all the better. :D

Only have the mega and mini-mega left to take down... and the wiring for those has already been removed so it's basically just balling superstrands.

I'm proud to announce today is our greatest day yet.

We have stored everything away! All lights labeled! All extension cord labeled! All wires ZIPPED! :D So so so happy right now.

The midwest ice storm was mostly a dud around St Louis.  About 10% of my lights are still up and lit without music including the 110 foot arch.

I just had to post this ice picture after the sunny weather picture.  

IceOn100arch.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

The midwest ice storm was mostly a dud around St Louis.  About 10% of my lights are still up and lit without music including the 110 foot arch.

I just had to post this ice picture after the sunny weather picture.  

IceOn100arch.jpg

I wish we would get a "dud" like that down here. I love seeing these Southerners panicking and abandoning their cars in the middle of an interstate for a very thin layer of ice. We barely had snow last week but some roads were still impassable 3 days later. Luckily this year it was on a weekend

My indoor 18' tree still up and decorated and all of the lights on the roof and home, but no controllers or anything else. Gotta wait to rent the lift.

JR

Edited by dibblejr