Light-O-Rama Forums

How is your display take-down coming along?

Santas Helper

Didnt have anything down til Thursday. It rained New Years Weekend and snowed this past weekend.The weather was beautiful this weekend. I was sick as a dog but I fought through and got everything down except my biggest mega tree. Had to take lots of breaks but the weather couldn't have been nicer for  take down.

Well crap, Was going to save that 1000th post for something real meaningful, forgot it was coming up. Only took me 10 years to get there.

Edited by dougd

2 minutes ago, dougd said:

Didnt have anything down til Thursday. It rained New Years Weekend and snowed this past weekend.The weather was beautiful this weekend. I was sick as a dog but I fought through and got everything down except my biggest mega tree. Had to take lots of breaks but the weather couldn't have been nicer for  take down.

-   dougd1000thpost.jpg   Your 1000th post! 

I am still holding out for a weekend day without rain to get the stuff suspended from trees down.   Good for you on the weather.  Hardly any dry days here lately.

• Like 1

The mega tree is still up, and the roof is still lined with the LEDs, but all the pixels are finally down, and the bushes have been unwrapped. No cables are still running around, I just need it to stop raining/snowing so I can get the mega tree down!! Maybe next weekend. 

Only have the megatree and pixel grid to take down. The megatree is scheduled to be de-lighted tonight and then taken down this weekend.

Slowest take down we've ever done but it's been nice not rushing. This will be our new way to take down the display. ?

Looking forward to years to come because I'm redoing the entire display and trying to make it very simple mount, plug n play. Hoping to make it a 2 day install and a 2 day breakdown. I'm doing a project each month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of it comes down today. Although I've been dark since the 2nd, I ran it last Thursday for my sister from Colorado who had never seen my show. Last night another lighter was coming over for a behind the scenes tour, but never showed up. So today it all comes down. Most will get stored, but the pixel star has a planned rebuild so it will stay in the garage. There is a little repair work on the pixel tree too.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

FINALLY!! I got all of the lights removed from the mega tree today!! Took a lot longer than I was expecting. Tomorrow the tree itself will come down. :( I'm already counting down the days till I can see it up and running again!!

Mine will be up at least 2 more weeks. Diagnosed with walking pneumonia, when it rains it pours here. The Dr said it is spreading rapidly due to all of the weather weve been having. I thought I had the flu. No activity for 2 weeks.

I've had pneumonia before. Plan on longer than that before you will really feel like doing much work.
Sorry to hear you are sick.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Thanks Jim, its has been a rollercoaster ride since Xmas day. Yesterday a couple shots, steroids, another bottle of pills and some hydrocodone cough syrup, now its kicking my butt.

JR

On 1/16/2017 at 10:12 AM, k6ccc said:

Most of it comes down today.

Well, so much for that plan.  My Monday got filled up for me.  Got most of everything taken down - all except six strings along a wall.  Except for a few things that I did not want to leave out in the rain, everything is still sitting in the driveway.  Then the rain returned.  Supposed to be raining all weekend too.

With the snow storm, ice storm and rain over the past 3 weeks not much has come down.

Yesterday and today we had mid 50s weather so I took down probably 90% of my display and it is now sitting in the office warming up so I can wrap my lights and ext cords before putting them away.

Warm sunny weather today in St Louis.   Strangely warmer than when I put them up.  90% done with take down now.  

Everything comes down News Years day.  Not only has it been a tradition since I was a babe, I like to have it taken care of before I go back to work after the 2 weeks off I get every year.  However, my garage is a mess.  Things are piled up, and I can't even get to the shelves.  Needs a couple days of attention.  BUT....it's cold out there, and buying new things for next year seems to be not only much more fun, but much warmer....

Could be looking at a spring "cleaning" (organizing) in my distant, warm future.

• Like 1

It's been too cold and rainy on the days we have been available to work on taking down the rest of the display... We have about 30% of it down.

Captured about 40% of my takedown and put away with some time lapse photography. 85k lights, LOR, RGB all down and tucked away.

• Like 4

Weekend weather has sucked since New Years. Have about 25-30% more left. Then pack it all up.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• The topic was locked