Light-O-Rama Forums

Accepting donations for a favorite cause?

Archer

I don't collect, but had someone who insisted in giving me $10.  I just stuck it in the donation box for a show across town that does collect for a well known charity.

After a few years of people trying to give us money when we were passing out candy canes we decided to start collecting for a charity several years ago. I just heard back from the local charity today had my biggest collection year yet, almost doubled last years donations.

On a personal level I also received in the donation box, a few Christmas cards, a note or 2 and some religious pamphlets, not sure what the pamphlets were trying to tell me.  

I have Jehova's Witness folks stop by almost every year and leave pamphlets in either the mailbox or they try to stuff them into the slot in the collection box.

I didn't see any this past season.  Maybe the two that I confronted when they visited in 2015 reported back that I promised to pee on their shoes if I ever caught them here again.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

I dont get the religious folk, i get the freedom from religious folk who has asked me not to use religious music in my show. After explaining to them that if they bother me again, i iwill dip them in brown gravy and lock them in a closet with a wolverine who is high on angel dust, they have chosen to leave me alone. 

9 hours ago, jerry72 said:

I dont get the religious folk, i get the freedom from religious folk who has asked me not to use religious music in my show. After explaining to them that if they bother me again, i iwill dip them in brown gravy and lock them in a closet with a wolverine who is high on angel dust, they have chosen to leave me alone. 

An angel dust reference.....nice 70's throwback and reminds me of the films from that era.

We collect both Halloween & Christmas for local food shelf, donations have been great, 4824 pounds of food/cash. Food shelf gives us a banner to hang & they will make any & all appearances needed to make this a success. Plus promoting the show on their own Facebook page.

• The topic was locked