Light-O-Rama Forums

Please Stop

thedementedelf

I just discovered something, I never thought of before, and I need to ask folks to stop. I have discovered several videos of people using my voice overs in their displays that are not customers of mine. They have taken the audio from videos posted on You Tube and other sites. I have also seen instances of people giving copies of my work to others. Please stop this practice. To me this is stealing. So please, while I appreciate the exposure, no longer post videos using my voice overs.

• Like 3

Kevin does very nice work and his prices are very reasonable.  He is entitled to get paid for his work.

BTW for the record, I used the Demented Elf Radio Network for all the voice files on my non-show hours Zara Radio this year.  I expect to purchase more of his sound clips for DERN next year and to use him for the announcements in my 2017 show.  A pleasure to work with him.

• Like 1

That really sucks Kevin.  I'll bet those same people have never bought a legal copy of any of their songs either and aren't bothered in the least by the fact that they're stealing.  I see it all the time on FB where they encourage others to do the same thing.  Someone who's a low-life POS doesn't let Christmas interfere with their way of life, it seems.  I've actually heard the identical headlight voice-overs as the Christmas monster stuff you did for me years ago.  What are the odds?  I'll check to make sure any I may have posted are removed, and apologize if I've been in any way inadvertantly complicit.

And for all the non-thieves out there who are wondering, YES, Kevin's work IS good enough to steal.  But it's so reasonably priced there's no need to.

Time to freshen up some announcements - you'll be hearing from me again sometime this year, Kevin.

Edited by George Simmons

WOW... come on guys. He charges $30 for 6 voice overs. This is an amazing value and his work is top notch! I really enjoyed them this year and can't wait for a bigger package next!!

• Like 3

I love Kevin's work and plan to have him tune up / add some more for me for 2017.  

Hundreds/thousands are spent on displays, c'mon folks his work is awesome and incredibly affordable. 

• Like 1

So can some send a private link so i can hear his stuff. I dont steal ,crap, thats why i have a high Amazon bill. I would like to have a special voice over done for our Halloween show next year, we will be raising funds for a local breast cancer group.

2 hours ago, jerry72 said:

So can some send a private link so i can hear his stuff. I dont steal ,crap, thats why i have a high Amazon bill. I would like to have a special voice over done for our Halloween show next year, we will be raising funds for a local breast cancer group.

Jerry- Last I knew he had samples on his site http://www.thedementedelf.com/

I think you have to dig. I recall during Halloween I went to his site and can swear he had a sample but now its no longer on the front page. I dug a little to look at his sponsored displays but still didn't see any but I only opened a few.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I heard some examples of his work, i will be doing business with him. I need to contact him about doing a special ,announcement to run during our Halloween show, we plan to raise money for a local Breast Cancer support group here that has helped my wife a lot.