Light-O-Rama Forums

MaineLights.org(2016) - Deck the Halls video and other stuff...

JeffF

A warning has been issued against watching this video to those that like soft fades... using only a fraction of the lights in their yards... or those that don't like blinky-flashy. :)

This was a song we wanted to do for a couple years now and at the last minute I bought the sequence fro WowLights for $29.99 and made it "fit" our display. It's my kids, my wife, mine, and a bunch of our friends favorite this year so I figured what the heck, I'll post it here.

The video was taken last night during a snow and freezing rain spell. It was a last second idea so it's just me holding my LG G4 and then me overdubbing the music via Windows Movie Maker. Nothing fancy but it gets the gist of our 2016 display across.  We do have a bunch of "nice" sequences but this is the only real video I've taken this year so it'll have to do for now.

There are tons of pictures and a few other videos if anybody is interested in seeing more of our hybrid incan-LED-RGB-pixel-ish display here...

https://goo.gl/photos/JGjaQYBh6YyoR4QMA

And here...

https://youtu.be/v4fnPTqZZtI

Happy New Year!

• Like 4

Love the snow effect! Wait, that's real. You are not too far from my home town and the place from which I retired!

I miss the snow.

JR

Thanks again for the compliments.

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Love the snow effect! Wait, that's real. You are not too far from my home town and the place from which I retired!

I miss the snow.

JR

Yeah, snow is 100% real! Except for the layer of ice on top... that's ice. ;)

Is Dibble your last name by chance?

2 hours ago, JeffF said:

Thanks again for the compliments.

Yeah, snow is 100% real! Except for the layer of ice on top... that's ice. ;)

Is Dibble your last name by chance?

Yes

BTW, I am not talented enough to sequence in a way I'm happy with. Almost all our sequences start off as someone elses and then I modify them. Sometimes it's cut and paste sometimes it's much more.

I give major props(and thanks!) to all the talented folks out there. :D

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yes

Do you happen to know a Sean Dibble? He's a friend of mine that works in a local arcade that I help out at.

Just curious.

2 hours ago, JeffF said:

Do you happen to know a Sean Dibble? He's a friend of mine that works in a local arcade that I help out at.

Just curious.

Sent message while you posted this.

I do not know a Sean, however I do not know 75% of my family. There are a bunch of Dibbles in the North Country, Watertown that I am not related to.

Most of the Southern tier Dibbles are related, there is a chance, you should ask him if his family has any connections in Hornell area.

I was just up your way in Sept taking my mother back home after a 2 month stay.

11 minutes ago, JeffF said:

BTW, I am not talented enough to sequence in a way I'm happy with. Almost all our sequences start off as someone elses and then I modify them. Sometimes it's cut and paste sometimes it's much more.

Glad to see someone else admit to that!  For almost all of my sequences, I purchased the pixel tree sequence from someone who is far more artistic than I am and then I add in the rest of my yard around what they did.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked