Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 release

ebrown1972

The fact that there are 3 different software's has never bothered me, in fact I prefer it that way. The idea that a sequence could flow easier between the 3 software's does intrigue me. Like I said earlier, a higher workable channel count is a must if they want to keep up with the pixel craze. 

I know that S5 in the pre-alpha stage controlled 47,000 channels of pixels with no issues.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I am in the minority, I suspect. I don't find the current state of LOR software to be an issue. I do all my sequencing in SuperStar.

Me also.  I still do all my sequencing using the SE. 

Granted, I only have around 4200 pixels, but I've been able to keep up just fine so far.  Having a fair number of props that use the same # if pixels helps a lot.

I have different props I like to use different programs for. For example my window frames I use SE, my mega tree I use PE and SS and my arches SS and SE depending on the effect I want to do at certain parts of songs. I can't see programming all that in just SS when there are awesome effects in PE effects generator to fill up certain parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

LOR,

Can you give us any timeframe?  Or hints at what this S5 super tool is going to provide?

When will we see a BETA?

Thanks.

Well, if we wait for S5 and all of the "speculation" floating around we may miss the holidays. Why dwell on it? Use what we have. They have said "no release date, yet.

Stay tuned, we will all find out together.

JR

Right now it is still in alpha stage but a lot of progress has been made. Hopefully we all will see a beta version soon.

SPaschall

8 hours ago, christmascrossing said:

Can you give us any timeframe?  Or hints at what this S5 super tool is going to provide?

42 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Thanks, that was a good read and exactly why do not plan or await the future. Use the tools I already have in front of me. When y'all come out with it I am sure I will know.

Even though I wasn't a member here yet, I was lurking and took many years to join the community for similar reason.

Just a little before I wrote my above comment I had to submit a help ticket. SE freezing mid sequencing.

I really appreciate the very fast response (2 hours later) from your Help Desk.

Thanks

JR

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:39 AM, SPaschall said:

Right now it is still in alpha stage but a lot of progress has been made. Hopefully we all will see a beta version soon.

SPaschall

Hope this isn't a April fools joke. By the way is it spring yet :mellow:

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:52 AM, SPaschall said:

S5 will merge PE and S4 together with the ability to import SS into the software. All three will work with no problems and let the users incorporate all three into one tidy package.

SPaschall 

Looking forward to this but how many monitors will I need. Seriously though S5 need to be tidy.

On 3/31/2017 at 8:26 PM, DevMike said:

I remember those days, i think there is a more positive crowd in here these days. I sure don't think some sort of information can hurt. Unfortunately, what I see is no information is hurting.

4 minutes ago, dougd said:

I remember those days, i think there is a more positive crowd in here these days. I sure don't think some sort of information can hurt. Unfortunately, what I see is no information is hurting.

When presented a no-win situation, the preferred solution is the one that causes less pain.

• The topic was locked