Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 release

ebrown1972

Who else is patiently waiting for this release? I sure hope we see it soon. Hopefully all of the programs get integrated together. I am wondering also if they will be adding more effects to the pixel editor. I love the ease of use of the pixel editor and some new cool effects would be awesome!!!!

Granted, I've only been in the hobby for 12 years, but I'd avoid planning on a release of any new software.

Sure, it may arrive one day, but if you delay working on your display because you're waiting on new software, then don't get upset if you don't have all the time you thought you would to plan/program.

1 minute ago, Don said:

Granted, I've only been in the hobby for 12 years, but I'd avoid planning on a release of any new software.

Sure, it may arrive one day, but if you delay working on your display because you're waiting on new software, then don't get upset if you don't have all the time you thought you would to plan/program.

I never delay doing anything. I have almost everything bought for next year and have my layout completed. Did some sequencing earlier today too. My point is I believe the release needs to be made soon. Several people have made the switch to xlights over the last few years. The programs that Lor has needs integrated to make it all work together the way it should.

7 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

I never delay doing anything. I have almost everything bought for next year and have my layout completed. Did some sequencing earlier today too. My point is I believe the release needs to be made soon. Several people have made the switch to xlights over the last few years. The programs that Lor has needs integrated to make it all work together the way it should.

Guess I should have mentioned I wasn't targeting you, specifically.

I know a lot of people want it sooner rather later. Just pointing out to the newer folks that software takes time to write, alpha test, beta test, etc. 

Edited by Don

According to the other forum, it sounds like the majority of development has been done and S5 will in fact merge SS/SE/PE together and hopefully be ready for beta early in the year, but like Don said, I wouldn't wait for it to start sequencing.

I'm assuming that any intensity files you start in any program will he editable in S5s new pixel program anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

i hope its in beta soon, i can't start sequencing really without it hoping they add the ability for 100 pixels LOR in Visualizer

12 minutes ago, brichi said:

i hope its in beta soon, i can't start sequencing really without it hoping they add the ability for 100 pixels LOR in Visualizer

That fix may happen well before S5 since it is a piece of software that is needed to support new hardware that was released recently.  Obviously I can't promise anything about that.  Just a speculation.  Suggestion - open a help desk ticket as that will make the issue more visible.  That may just be one of those "Gee, no one thought about that" issues.

Ok so I am new to this pixel thing but confused about the above 100 pixel count in vis.

I made my spiderweb and spider props in vis using well over 100 pixels (I believe) please clarify the problem for me.

just made the vis about a week ago

Thanks

JR

Edited by dibblejr

9 minutes ago, brichi said:

in VIS i can only do 100 pixel count DMX string, Not LOR though. if i use arch wizard, the max is 50 pixels

Ok, got it. I just knew my 3 prop vis was more than 100 pixels

• 5 weeks later...

guys quick question, 

Are there usually discounts for upgrades? Reason I ask is i just bought S4 for $190 plus SS for another $100 for 8CCR's. and i need another 8 so another $100, does this mean if S5 comes out i need to buy another $400 in software??!!

My license only covers 4.9.* (and any future versions released by January 20, 2018) so does that mean if S5 comes out before next year I'm all set and don't have to pay or its all version within the S4 numbers? Im assuming I'm covered by the "any future versions" part

Edited by brichi

4 minutes ago, brichi said:

My license only covers 4.9.* (and any future versions released by January 20, 2018) so does that mean if S5 comes our before next year I'm all set and don't have to pay or its all version within the S4 numbers?

As long as S5 comes out before Jan 20, 2018, you are covered. After that, you would only have to renew your license -- you wouldn't be starting over.

Matt

5 minutes ago, brichi said:

guys quick question, 

Are there usually discounts for upgrades? Reason I ask is i just bought S4 for $190 plus SS for another $100 for 8CCR's. and i need another 8 so another $100, does this mean if S5 comes out i need to buy another $400 in software??!!

My license only covers 4.9.* (and any future versions released by January 20, 2018) so does that mean if S5 comes out before next year I'm all set and don't have to pay or its all version within the S4 numbers? Im assuming I'm covered by the "any future versions" part

I've not seen a discount on software in 13 years.

However, all you would have to do is renew your license, which would allow you to run versions higher than 4.9. Thus until 1/20/18 OR a version higher than 4.9 comes out *that you want to run* there is no need to renew your license.

ohhhh ok so renewing doesn't cost any money, once you purchase it you own it for life and just need a new license so to speak for free?

Well, license renewals do cost money.

You own a license for life, and can run any version -up to your licensed version- for life. If you want to run a version higher than that, you need to renew.

Look at store.lightorama.com in the software section. Find the price of renewals. 

3 minutes ago, brichi said:

ohhhh ok so renewing doesn't cost any money, once you purchase it you own it for life and just need a new license so to speak for free?

A renewal costs $29.95 and allows you to update to newer versions for one year.  As previously said, you can use the software for life without ever renewing it.  Also note that ANY software upgrade results in an automatic renewal.  Since you want to upgrade your SuperStar license this year (so do I), that will renew your LOR software license as well.

Further note that based on the S4 release two years ago, S5 will be in open beta for months.  During the S4 beta, anyone could use any of the new features that required as much as a Pro level license with a lower level license.  Once the beta period was over, that ability ended.

Good to know. I know s4 will work for life but I'm really looking forward to s5 and know I want that version.

The $30 renewal covers everything? S5 and SS purchase?

I would check the site but now at my desk yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk