Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Pixie or stick with what I got before the Pixie!!!

wt1924

Hello,

I am doing a smart house outline. Last year at this time I bought 2 HC Alphapix. Tested them and set them up but I didnt do the house outline 2016 like I planned. So, I never ran the Alphapix other than testing. Now LOR has these Pixie controllers that work with an LOR network. I have done some DIY in the 6 years I have had a display, but I would like to reduce the learning curve with my house outline. My question is:

Is it more advantageous to stick with the E1.31 Alphapix or may I go with the ease of Pixie controllers? What are the pros and cons?

I know on the Pixcon, it was said that simple shows are best in LOR mode and more demanding shows need to be in E1.31. Is that the same with the Pixie controllers? Are Pixie able to kepp up with a high demand data. I don't know that my show is/will be high demand on them but what if it is?

Thanks,

Wiiliam

Stick with the E1.31 controllers you have. 1G network has way more bandwidth to deal with pixels and high channel count.
In addition, you can use standard network wireless bridges to eliminate network cables running all over the place.

You bought the Alphapix controllers, I would go ahead and use them - unless you so well off financially that it does not matter (in which case you can mail the Alphpix controllers to me :))

Can't really compare the PixCon to the Pixie since the Pixie is LOR network only.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

You bought the Alphapix controllers, I would go ahead and use them - unless you so well off financially that it does not matter (in which case you can mail the Alphpix controllers to me :))

Can't really compare the PixCon to the Pixie since the Pixie is LOR network only.

Hey wait! He has 2 and i want 1 :)

Sharing is caring...

NO! I am very blessed and not broke, but I am not at the point of over abundance to give away $200 controllers. I was thinking of selling them and buying Pixie. I was liking the fact of ease and being able to daisy chain them.

I am going to stick with the advice posted and go the E1.31 route. Thanks everyone!

• The topic was locked