Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar 12CCR to 16 CCR

Marty

There is not a one step stretch feature that will change a 12 CCR sequence to a 16 CCR sequence. The pixel extender feature will stretch the number of pixels in each ribbon, but there is not a stretch to change the number of ribbons.

However, in the "Group Modify" of effects like the morph effect there is a "scale" option at the bottom that will allow you to stretch the coordinates on a morph by a specified percent. For example, you can select a group of morphs and then scale the X direction by 134% and it will stretch the morphs across 16 CCRs instead of 12. But realize there are effects that are designed for 12 CCRs that are not going to look as good when stretched to 16 CCRs. To do the best job, you need to go through the sequence and manually decide how the effect is going to look best on 16 CCRs. On many of my 12 CCR sequences it took me 8-12 hours to go through and change them to the 16 CCR version.

16 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

There is not a one step stretch feature that will change a 12 CCR sequence to a 16 CCR sequence. The pixel extender feature will stretch the number of pixels in each ribbon, but there is not a stretch to change the number of ribbons.

However, in the "Group Modify" of effects like the morph effect there is a "scale" option at the bottom that will allow you to stretch the coordinates on a morph by a specified percent. For example, you can select a group of morphs and then scale the X direction by 134% and it will stretch the morphs across 16 CCRs instead of 12. But realize there are effects that are designed for 12 CCRs that are not going to look as good when stretched to 16 CCRs. To do the best job, you need to go through the sequence and manually decide how the effect is going to look best on 16 CCRs. On many of my 12 CCR sequences it took me 8-12 hours to go through and change them to the 16 CCR version.

How does one go about using the pixel extender? Is it used in ccr mode or visualization mode? To make sure I understand this correctly if I have a 12 ccr tree that has 50 pixels on each strand I could extend it to 100 per strand and the sequences would work correctly that were sequenced with the 50 per strand layout? Am i thinking right here? Thanks

If you are in CCR mode, click on the Tools menu and select "Configuration" and then select "DMX" and there is a place to specify the number of pixels per ribbon.

If you are using a visualization, then click on the Tools menu and select "Layout" and select "pixel extender" and you would specify the values there. 

8 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

If you are in CCR mode, click on the Tools menu and select "Configuration" and then select "DMX" and there is a place to specify the number of pixels per ribbon.

If you are using a visualization, then click on the Tools menu and select "Layout" and select "pixel extender" and you would specify the values there. 

Wow that's easy enough.