Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding effects from PE messes up SE

brichi

So I created a new music sequence for 30 seconds using SE, I went into PE because at one point I wanted an effect using the effects generator, I dropped it in the right spot, saved intensity data and then went back into SE where the pro is now there but now when I play the track all the stuff I did previously that was fine is now delayed or doesn't light up the lights at all. is there something I'm doing wrong? it seems to only be playing the prop properly now but messed up or is really delayed on all my previously work.

If I delete the .LID file to get rid of the PE prop then everything goes back to normal but I lose the effect I added that I made in PE obviously

You can't program a channel in both the SE and PE. Well, obviously you can, but it causes problems. The channel(s) that you tried to program in both PE and SE are receiving conflicting commands, and thus not working as expected.

• Like 1

oh that kind of stinks, i wanted to do individual certain pixels turning on in a song on beat and then have it do  a prop effect from effects generator from PE like rainbow, theres no way to do that?

Correct. You can't program a channel in both editors.

The other alternative is to make props with your individual pixels that you want to program by themselves (props of 1 pixel). They you can program them somewhat like the SE, and you can always add those props back into groups to apply your effects. It's not the easiet method, but it does work just as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

It's not optimal, but what you could do is this:

1. In the Pixel Editor, use "Sequence" -> "Migration Tools" -> "Import from Sequence Editor". This will turn your existing Sequence Editor effects into a movie in the Pixel Editor.
  2. Using the Pixel Editor, delete the movie effect from the portion of the sequence where you want to use the PE effects.
  3. Save the Intensity Data
  4. Remove the channels from the Sequence Editor file. You can do this using the "Remove prop channel data from Sequence Editor" tool in the Pixel Editor.

This will give you the results you want, but the disadvantage is that if you want to modify those effects that you created in the Sequence Editor, you'll have to edit the backup file, then repeat the steps above.

Another option "Plan B", is to install xLights/Nutcracker; re-do the Pixel Editor effects (because there isn't a way to convert from PE to Nutcracker); export the sequence as a Light-O-Rama clipboard file; then use the Sequence Editor to paste the Nutcracker sequence.

Hopefully this intensity data issue of not being able to sequence the same channel or combine both PE and SS intensity files will be addressed in S5.  It's not ideal the way it is as you have to go through a few steps to combine effects from one to another.

• The topic was locked