Light-O-Rama Forums

Billboard's 100 Holiday Songs List

mpageler

I took a peak at Billboard's 100 Holiday song list after CBS Sunday Moring show this morning, highlights thr #1 song on the the list...All I Want For Christmas is You. 

Billboard !00 Holiday Songs

Various reason why/how songs make it into our Christmas displays.  Never hurts to keep in mind, at least a little, what people like listening too. 

How about that?  I must have missed a memo somewhere. I don't have a single one of those in the display this year.

Now I know why no one ever stops by.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

How about that?  I must have missed a memo somewhere. I don't have a single one of those in the display this year.

you are your own top billboard.

love every video you've posted -

well, except 2013 The Fox. Video was still good - just can't stand that song.. lol.

Numbers 1,6,7,9,11,12,16,19,22,28,30,34,42,58,60,71,98,  on the Billboard list are in my 28 song show. Which I might add would not have been possible with out the help, support and sharing of the great people in this forum. I don't like to single out any one individual because so many people have and are willing to share there knowledge with the rest of us that are still in the learning curve, but I would like to give special thanks to Old Sarge and James Morris for sharing there many sequences when my laptop mysteriously disappeared from my pickup.

On 12/25/2016 at 1:05 PM, George Simmons said:

That's why I dont make the drive from the SE Twin Cites, you march to a different drummer :)  When I posted this, I would have bet a retirement paycheck that George was going to repond as he did. Not good or bad...just predictable. 

Ov

Not sure what to say. These were in my show this year. 1,3,4,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,17,19,20,23,28,30,53,55,58,60,67,69,81,89,98

Oddly enough my number one requested song for the third year in a row didn't make the list. Let It Go.

23 hours ago, mpageler said:

That's why I dont make the drive from the SE Twin Cites, you march to a different drummer :)  

That's okay.  No sense in making the drive and then waiting in line for 30 minutes or more just to witness something you wouldn't like.

The sad thing is that I've heard most of those songs on that list so darn many times during my life that I detest almost all of them today.  No, I should rephrase that.  Detest might be too weak of a word.

Right from the start I decided I would do my best to avoid all those thread-bare songs that people can turn on their radio and hear, or walk into a store or an elevator and hear almost anywhere/everywhere they go.  They don't need to come out to our house to see/hear that same sort of stuff.

What I don't get tired of hearing, however, is how many people tell me on an almost nightly basis that one of the things they like MOST is my assortment of music and how exciting and uplifting it is to watch.  I'll leave the songs on that list for you guys to do.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dougd said:

Not sure what to say. These were in my show this year. 1,3,4,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,17,19,20,23,28,30,53,55,58,60,67,69,81,89,98

Oddly enough my number one requested song for the third year in a row didn't make the list. Let It Go.

Seems to me that should tell you something.