Light-O-Rama Forums

Demented Elf Season ender

Dave Batzdorf

I use DE for some of my voice overs, does any one have a season ender (this will be our last show for the season....) they can share?

Edited by Dave Batzdorf
more info

David.. e mail me 

retired_old_sarge  but mine does have my radio station freq on it to so you may need to change it just a little..

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

• 4 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:00 PM, Old Sarge said:

David.. e mail me 

retired_old_sarge  but mine does have my radio station freq on it to so you may need to change it just a little..

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Old Sarge can you please send me a copy of Demented Elf Season ender if your willing to still share. edyer01@yahoo.com

Thanks Ed

My work is not for sharing. That is theft of services and also violates my copyright. This is one of the reason's I am getting out of the business. People think its ok to steal other's works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedementedelf said:

My work is not for sharing. That is theft of services and also violates my copyright. This is one of the reason's I am getting out of the business. People think its ok to steal other's works. 

Amen brother, but I hate to see you leave your hard work.

I do share my sequences for free, yet some think they have a right to sell. Makes us not want to share any more.

JR

Who didn't see that coming? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is Dibbljr CHOSE to share his efforts without charge. 

It is usually the Author/creators choice unless they do "work for hire"

eg. Disney owns the work performed by their employees There may be performance royalties spelled out in the CONTRACT.

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

The difference is Dibbljr CHOSE to share his efforts without charge. 

It is usually the Author/creators choice unless they do "work for hire"

eg. Disney owns the work performed by their employees There may be performance royalties spelled out in the CONTRACT.

Doesn't make it right.

Once again it's sad we even have to have these conversations. Actually both cases are theft. When you sell someone else's work claiming to be your own that could fall under "Theft by deception" and "theft of services" . I just simply email/ call the appropriate site. Word of internet travels fast.

JR

When I first requested the VO I was looking for one of his free ones as I know that there are a few that he allows us to trade (like the show starters).  When I listened to it I discovered that it was tailored to a specific user and didnt use it.  I then contacted DE to get permission to use it, that was when DE said it wasnt a gratuitous VO and requested him to do one for me, not knowing this was his last season.  It is truly sad news to hear him retire.  I still hope to get a season ender from him when he gets to it.

FYI, anyone who sees anything even remotely IP theft, please press the REPORT button.  We will sort it out.  

Unfortunately, we just don't have enough eyes to constantly police everything.  Had I seen this back in December when it was posted I would have politely told Dave and closed the thread.  

I'm glad to hear that in the end Dave was looking for something that was offered publicly by the holder. so no harm no foul.  However some misunderstanding could have been avoided.

DE--  Sorry, and I hope this isn't the reason you want to retire from VO work.  We do our best to protect all artist's work, and yours would not have been the exception - if we had seen the request.

I am glad that my previous post explained well enough not to cause too much damage.  I guess that it was too much to ask for from the sender that I did not want to step on any IP issues.  Thanks DevMike for your understanding.

DE.. .say it isn't so.. I love your voice overs.. I used your free ones for one year and then the ones I paid you for the next year... They were so worth it.  (if you remember, I actually paid you more than you asked for because of all the work you put in).  We would miss you deary as a community.

Please don't let a few people run you out.. Dave was of course not looking for anything that you didn't already give away freely.. and I understand some have been sharing what they shouldn't.. and that sucks..But don't let it sour you from our hobby..

Please don't let a few Cheapskates with no moral compass wreck it for everyone else. 

I am also very saddened to learn that Kevin was closing down.  Just this morning I received my package 6 files.  Kevin does such nice work.  I started using his Demented Elf Radio Network for my non-show hours radio last year.  So happy with those files, that I ordered eight more segments of DERN earlier this year and then the package 6 during his spring sale.  Had to make sure that files were worded so they were not 2017 specific...