Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro

Scooch

5 minutes ago, slim00209 said:

Looks like rextinled went up to $13.88 for DC5v and is shipping from Texas. Is it normal for prices to often change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, when I was on earlier they had two listings and one was actually $5 cheaper than mine.

They were right on top of each other. As far as pricing , I cant tell you, it seems they try to be a little competitive with the Chinese market. My first package came from CA but the next three are arriving from TX

let me add, I wasn't looking at the 5v so I don't know if they went up.

Edited by dibblejr

Actually, when I was on earlier they had two listings and one was actually $5 cheaper than mine.
They were right on top of each other. As far as pricing , I cant tell you, it seems they try to be a little competitive with the Chinese market. My first package came from CA but the next three are arriving from TX
let me add, I wasn't looking at the 5v so I don't know if they went up.

I looked again and still don't see anything. Would it be to much to ask of you to post a link.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, slim00209 said:

I looked again and still don't see anything. Would it be to much to ask of you to post a link.

Thank you.

Here you go, http://www.ebay.com/itm/WS2811-RGB-LED-String-Color-Change-Pixels-digital-Addressable-50pcs-500pcs-DC5V-/401240637838?var=&hash=item5d6bce418e:m:mIyMXcIJoDZ17V1h-Xme_TA

After seeing this It is my HO that this company and LED world are probably one in the same. Just based on my observations. LED world is the one a few dollars cheaper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50pcs-500pcs-WS2811-RGB-Full-Color-Pixels-digital-Addressable-LED-String-12mm-5V-/272280746861?var=&hash=item3f65327b6d:m:mhNU7Fu7zaH47wE7SsHHMUw

Thank you for your help.

12 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

I just sent him a message to see if he carries the WS2818's.

Do you know what controllers handle that chip for the ws 2818 pixels

3 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Do you know what controllers handle that chip for the ws 2818 pixels

Any controller that supports the WS2811 chip will support the WS2818 chip. You just have to run the 2 data lines together. Now in the very near future, the folks at Falcon have said they could easily do a firmware upgrade to the new Falcon F16v3 that will allow you to use the clock out put as a data output for the second data wire.

On 1/21/2017 at 0:08 AM, jerry72 said:

I just sent him a message to see if he carries the WS2818's.

Jerry, he is on Chinese holiday so it may be a while before you hear back from him. Probably around the 2nd week of February.

12 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

Jerry, he is on Chinese holiday so it may be a while before you hear back from him. Probably around the 2nd week of February.

Thought it didnt start tell the 27th?

3 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

Thought it didnt start tell the 27th?

It's about a 15 day event, they know how to throw a party.

JR

Just now, dibblejr said:

It's about a 15 day event, they know how to throw a party.

JR

Ok cool. I dont get my tax return tell late Feb so no hurry.

18 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

Ok cool. I dont get my tax return tell late Feb so no hurry.

Let me Dr this up a little, being I spent 11 years of my life in Asia Japan it can be 2 weeks. that's about the norm after drinking all the Saki. My wife is also Asian, unfortunately I do not get to celebrate for 2 weeks. :( 

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Let me Dr this up a little, being I spent 11 years of my life in Asia Japan it can be 2 weeks. that's about the norm after drinking all the Saki. My wife is also Asian, unfortunately I do not get to celebrate for 2 weeks. :( 

Well thats a jip

I had ordered 2000 pixels from Ray Wu on the 16th. He said he wouldn't be able to ship it out until February 4th due to the Chinese New Year.  But lo and behold I got my package on the 20th...4 days later!!!  AWESOME SAUCE!!!  I gotta say Ray is a great stand up guy with great business sense for customer service. It would be great to have more people like him stateside! Can't wait to order more:D

• Like 1

I've always done my ordering through HC, AND I just spent nearly $3,000 with them. . . And NOW I come across this thread. . . Starting to think I should contact Ray Wu? Does he have a website or anything?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799
ALWAYS send him a message and request a quote. The Alibaba website calculates shipping based on each item shipped separately. Ray will quote a far more reasonable shipping cost.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• Like 1

BTW, if you're not familiar with it, Alibaba is sort of the Chinese version of Amazon (except a lot bigger). Ray has a store on Alibaba, and learned enough about lighting that he can deal with us pretty well.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, ebrown1972 said:

I have ordered a ton of stuff from Paul Zhang this year. He beat Rays prices on a couple of things and some were the exact same price. His quote on shipping was always cheaper than Ray though even when I contacted ray directly.

I'm looking at his WS2811 12v Nodes,  have you had any issues with these?