Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro

Scooch

16 minutes ago, Little_b said:

I'm looking at his WS2811 12v Nodes,  have you had any issues with these?

No issues, I mean afterall where do you think all these places like HolidayCoro, DIYLed and others buy their lights during their pre-sales? All you doing is cutting out the middle man and avoiding the markups. 

1 hour ago, Little_b said:

I'm looking at his WS2811 12v Nodes,  have you had any issues with these?

No issues with any of them and it's just like what Mr. P said. All pixels come from China. Maybe that will change soon due to Trump being the president now. Lol

Many of the pixels i got from HC 3 years ago were mis shaped. Not Dave's fault, but because they were not technically faulty i could not return them. The dumb pixels i got from Ray were perfect, literally. Out of 1000 pixels, i found none that were not round.

12 hours ago, jerry72 said:

Many of the pixels i got from HC 3 years ago were mis shaped. Not Dave's fault, but because they were not technically faulty i could not return them. The dumb pixels i got from Ray were perfect, literally. Out of 1000 pixels, i found none that were not round

Not Dave's fault?  How do you figure that?  He's the one who beat the bushes to find you the absolute cheapest price he could find, didn't he?  Have you ever heard the old saying about getting what you paid for?

I've been buying pixels for years from many different vendors and I've NEVER seen one that wasn't perfectly round.

23 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Not Dave's fault?  How do you figure that?  He's the one who beat the bushes to find you the absolute cheapest price he could find, didn't he?  Have you ever heard the old saying about getting what you paid for?

I've been buying pixels for years from many different vendors and I've NEVER seen one that wasn't perfectly round.

I think Jerry is giving Dave the benefit of the doubt since he already stated Dave probably orders from the same market that everyone else does. The 2000 I just ordered came in silver packs, I would not know if I had any misshaped or other problems unless I opened all of them to inspect. I am sure Dave is not going to have time to open every bag of 50-100.

We are basically all getting the same stuff from basically the same companies. Maybe packaged different but probably mfg'd in the same factory as all the others.

I misspoke here. My pixels came in small brown envelopes with the info on them and inside each small envelope is a silver bag, so I would have to open two different bags to inspect.

Edited by dibblejr

48 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I think Jerry is giving Dave the benefit of the doubt since he already stated Dave probably orders from the same market that everyone else does... We are basically all getting the same stuff from basically the same companies. Maybe packaged different but probably mfg'd in the same factory as all the others.

I think there's no less than half a dozen different honorable vendors (not to mention hundreds of decorators) who'd take issue with everything you just said. There can be YUUGE differences between different factories and between different vendors.  No one but the lowest of the low would try to convince a customer of anything different.  If Dave ordered from the same factory as others then he wouldn't be the only one peddling mis-shapen pixels.

Edited by George Simmons

4 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

I think there's no less than half a dozen different honorable vendors (not to mention hundreds of decorators) who'd take issue with everything you just said. There can be YUUGE differences between different factories and between different vendors.  No one but the lowest of the low would try to convinve a customer of anything different.  If Dave ordered from the same factory as others then he wouldn't be the only one peddling mis-shapen pixels.

Maybe they were made on a Friday or Monday.

I'm assuming Jerry ended up using his misshapen ones anyway. Maybe others did sell misshapen ones and the end user did as Jerry. As long as they fit the design and work as sup to does the shape really matter? Maybe Dave got a bad batch and realized it for a return. Maybe Jerry didn't contact Dave, there are a lot of variables here.

Being new to RGB but I doubt any vendor would release the information as to their source of supply so there is no telling but at least for the most part we do know the majority come from China, that should be an agreeable point.

That's like my Yamaha Rhino, made in a factory and in that factory they also make Odes and some other off brand UTV and ATV's. Almost every part on that Rhino can be interchanged to the Odes and visa versa. Point being one mfg can make the same item in different packaging. I am not saying anything unscrupulous is going on, it is business. LOR is great in the sense that here we are on an LOR forum discussing outside vendor sources and they allow it.

No disagreement that lights come from China.

"Fitting the design" is part of 'working as supposed to".  If the parts for an Ode were mis-shapen they wouldn't work very well on a Rhino, would they?  Put the pixels on a tree or bush, there's probably no issue.  But mis-shapen pixels don't work very well, if at all, if you're pushing them through a Boscoyo coro snowflake or pushing them through a Boscoyo pixel strip. 

Yes, the packaging may be different, but I doubt that any reputable mfgr would offer two different levels of quality.  That being said, I'm sure they're all (especially the crappy quality mfgrs) desperate to sell their seconds, and I'm just as sure there are enough bottom-feeding vendors to fill that need.

I don't know about you, being new to RGB and such, but I examine every pixel I use.  Not for the least of which is to insure they're all properly sealed.  I can't say how many people are like me in that regard, but I'm guessing it's a majority.

No disagreement that lights come from China.
"Fitting the design" is part of 'working as supposed to".  If the parts for an Ode were mis-shapen they wouldn't work very well on a Rhino, would they?  Put the pixels on a tree or bush, there's probably no issue.  But mis-shapen pixels don't work very well, if at all, if you're pushing them through a Boscoyo coro snowflake or pushing them through a Boscoyo pixel strip. 
Yes, the packaging may be different, but I doubt that any reputable mfgr would offer two different levels of quality.  That being said, I'm sure they're all (especially the crappy quality mfgrs) desperate to sell their seconds, and I'm just as sure there are enough bottom-feeding vendors to fill that need.
I don't know about you, being new to RGB and such, but I examine every pixel I use.  Not for the least of which is to insure they're all properly sealed.  I can't say how many people are like me in that regard, but I'm guessing it's a majority.

I personally have not had any problems with HC. In fact I feel that David has gone above and beyond for me. He offers a warranty and has provided additional support without issue. I have quoted many vendors and at the end of the day his prices seem fair for the service I have received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front)

As long as the "consumer, customer, end user) is happy all is good.

I spent a lot of money with Dave and LOR. No quality issues at all with either vendor products.

Both have given me satisfactory customer support. LOR was typically faster but they probably are staffed appropriately. And I am typically not in a big hurry.

I have also spent a lot of money with ebay vendors and had the problem of only receiving 1/4 of my order however it was rectified and the rest of it is due in tomorrow.

Maybe my expectations are a little different than other customers, I try not to let the small stuff bother me.

I opened 1 bag of the first 500 and they are all round, I will inspect them properly when a generous member of the forums package arrives. Thank you to Caniac

I never once said i was dissatisfied with HC. Again, i never once said it was Daves fault. These pixels i got came from a presale, i have no doubt that during a presale, the manufacturer has to ramp up production, when production is ramped up, you are sure to have issues. Because i was using these pixels in Boscoyos strips, i was able to use them for my mega tree. However with me now using these on coro props, i have had many issues with then because they are mis shaped, and again, it is not just a few nodes here and there, on just one 50 count string, a good 15 of them were mis shaped. You can tell they were deformed from the injection process. Furthermore, these were not the cheapest the pixels i could get. At the time, HC was the only vendor i knew of, now tha i know about ray, i can get my pixels for half the price. I have, ,and still do purchase some things from HC, the controller that is running the RGB star on my mega tree is one from HC. But fact is, if i can get stuff cheaper, and maintain a good quality, i i will.

• Like 1

Speaking of HC, I was super surprised when I got an email this morning saying that my pre-season sale items will be delivered TOMORROW!! That's MONTHS before expected!!! 

Edited by DisneyMatt10

If they have all of your items in stock during the pre-sale they will ship it out immediately. However, If you ordered say five items and four are in stock and one is being ordered from China then you entire order will wait as they won't split the order.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If they have all of your items in stock during the pre-sale they will ship it out immediately. However, If you ordered say five items and four are in stock and one is being ordered from China then you entire order will wait as they won't split the order.

I knew this was how it worked, I think I was just so surprised because I order so much, and they actually had it all in stock!! I'm way more excited right now than I should be!

On 1/26/2017 at 0:43 AM, jerry72 said:

I never once said i was dissatisfied with HC. Again, i never once said it was Daves fault. These pixels i got came from a presale, i have no doubt that during a presale, the manufacturer has to ramp up production, when production is ramped up, you are sure to have issues. Because i was using these pixels in Boscoyos strips, i was able to use them for my mega tree. However with me now using these on coro props, i have had many issues with then because they are mis shaped, and again, it is not just a few nodes here and there, on just one 50 count string, a good 15 of them were mis shaped. You can tell they were deformed from the injection process. Furthermore, these were not the cheapest the pixels i could get. At the time, HC was the only vendor i knew of, now tha i know about ray, i can get my pixels for half the price. I have, ,and still do purchase some things from HC, the controller that is running the RGB star on my mega tree is one from HC. But fact is, if i can get stuff cheaper, and maintain a good quality, i i will.

What does getting pixels through a pre-sale have to do with anything?  I don't know who convinced you to expect (or accept) crappy quality from presales, but that person has definitely played a cruel trick on you.  

I've never bought pixels of any kind from HC.  But I've bought a few thousand bullet pixels over the past 7 years from four other vendors and I don't recall seeing more than maybe 2 mis-shapen pixels TOTAL in all that time.  But then, I'm certain none of those vendors were buying from a manufacturer who's just ramping up - they apparently limit their buying to known experienced manufacturers who make pixels all year.   

Maybe they weren't the cheapest pixels YOU could get, but it sure sounds like someone between the mfgr and you has let you down pretty good.  Getting 15 monkeys out of 50 is way lower quality than I've ever experienced, or even heard of, for that matter.   

Edited by George Simmons

Last year or the year before, Dave held up presale orders deliveries by over a month because his manufactures was behind. Instead of going with an unknown provider, he elected to stay with what was proven solid and make everyone wait longer; He caught slack for that but I would have done the same in that scenario. So a guy got some misshaped nodes, BFD! send them back and Dave will make it right. I got a CCP controller that blew up 2 weeks after delivery, is LOR a shyt company? NO, I sent it back and they made it right.

Now I have a 15% failure rate on strobes from LEDExpress,,,,Do they suck? NO, I'm gonna send them back and expect a refund or credit - as George said, its them who is out beating the bushes for the best product at the best price for me, presale or not.

Point is, ANY vendor can sell you a poor quality product on accident, Even LOR, its if they stand behind it is where it counts.

I just recently had an issue with a product I purchased during Holiday Coro's pre-sale from last year.  Wasn't sure if it was still under warranty so I contacted them and Dave responded right away and apologized about the problem and offered to replace it.  Not only did I get the replacement very quickly but also was provided a return shipping label PRE-PAID to ship back the bad part.  Customer service doesn't get any better than that.....Thank you Holiday Coro!   

40 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I just recently had an issue with a product I purchased during Holiday Coro's pre-sale from last year.  Wasn't sure if it was still under warranty so I contacted them and Dave responded right away and apologized about the problem and offered to replace it.  Not only did I get the replacement very quickly but also was provided a return shipping label PRE-PAID to ship back the bad part.  Customer service doesn't get any better than that.....Thank you Holiday Coro!   

Sounds like they're starting to pay attention to the pounding their company has been taking for years due to their lack of warranty and customer service.  Good for them.  Finally.

52 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I sent him an email one week ago asking if the items I ordered were being held up for just one item or more being ordered for pre sale boat shipment. I haven't had a reply yet. HC was the only one that had them so no other options.

That's been my experience, spend $ but lack customer support.

JR