Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro

Scooch

Does anyone know if Holiday Coro holds sales?  I am looking to purchase some singing trees and don't want to pull the trigger yet if they have an annual sale.

3 minutes ago, Scooch said:

Does anyone know if Holiday Coro holds sales?  I am looking to purchase some singing trees and don't want to pull the trigger yet if they have an annual sale.

Yes, they usually have two. The first will start sometime in January and the second will be around May.

They usually have a couple of "Pre-Sales" during the first part of the year.  Check on their website after Jan. 1st. as they usually have the first one pretty early.

I've experienced several sales through out the year with them. Majority of them unannounced, at least by email for me anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

I read a notice on HolidayCoro.com that they were changing the "presale" policy. They have had several sales in the past but now they're having just one presale that's already under way. It lasts until summer, I think. I've done a lot of business with those folks and no complaints, so far. Personally, I'm going to purchase some smart pixel strips from them any day now.

This is usually true for All pre-sales.  Even from LOR.  The earlier you order the sooner you get it. You'll usually get what is already in current stock.  Those who wait have to wait for new stock to come in before their order is processed.   Moral of the story...... Don't wait until the last day.  

Different vendors ship pre-sale items at different times.  Each vendor does it differently, and each one is pretty consistent from year to year. 

Some ship early - like April.  Many ship May and June.  I'm in favor of both those groups, as it gives time to comfortably build props.

Anything later than june is beyond my definition of pre-sale.  And also beyond my definition of reasonable.

Thanks for clarifying. This is first year getting into anything RGB. I'm ready to order but I already don't have finger nails left to bite. I kinda thought what I ordered now would be here in a week. My main concern is getting it months later and not knowing if I can make it work until then. I'm afraid that I won't have enough time. Trust me when I say that I am a "major worrier".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, slim00209 said:

Thanks for clarifying. This is first year getting into anything RGB. I'm ready to order but I already don't have finger nails left to bite. I kinda thought what I ordered now would be here in a week. My main concern is getting it months later and not knowing if I can make it work until then. I'm afraid that I won't have enough time. Trust me when I say that I am a "major worrier".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my past experiences most of the pre-sales are based on inventories that companies are awaiting from their wholesaler or will order as the sales are going on. The problem with this is just like last year any shipper can go out of business or a shipping embargo, inspections here in the US and major delays can occur. Last year a major shipping company Hanjin filed for bankruptcy and caused panic throughout the world. I read that the finance companies were repoing ships while at sea.

JR

The singing trees are generally not a pre sale item. Mostly stuff he has to get from China.

Just seen that they are actually putting them on sale this time.

Edited by jerry72

I've never ordered from Ray wu, until last week. I found stuff 25% cheaper from him. Going via Facebook, if that any help.

1 hour ago, jerry72 said:

And if ya want my opinion, you can get stuff From Ray Wu for cheaper then even HC's presale.

Only if you can make the shipping worth it. I've seen way too high of prices on their shipping.

I know, I know. Some say work with them and they will lower the costs. But why should I have to work with them on shipping?

Give me the lowest shipping cost up front. Not something I have to haggle with.

And for costing cheaper, Ebay can get cheaper than Ray Wu. :) 

31 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

I know, I know. Some say work with them and they will lower the costs. But why should I have to work with them on shipping?

OK, here's the deal on shipping from Ray Wu.  The automated alibaba ordering system assumes shipping based on each individual item being shipped by itself.  When you request a quote from Ray, he quotes based on how shipping will actually be done - which generally results in a far lower price.  Not a big deal.

On 1/14/2017 at 9:11 PM, dibblejr said:

So much for their email alerts!

JR

Yep...their "newletter sub substription" process sucks.  I've register a handful of times, get notices for awhile and then stop getting them.  Got 2016 pre-sale notices but nothing afterways on the "shipping timeline/progress". But I'm happy with produce/pricing and this will be my 3rd season for pre-sale.