Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Pixies to SE kills program -- Im stuck

gstigall

Since I am having issues getting sequences into Pixel Editor, I thought I would add my new Pixie devices to sequence editor and work in there.  The issue is that I cant keep the program running long enough to add the devices. When I add a new pixie going through the right click>insert device,  I tell it the new devices is a Pixie16, the number of pixels per port, unit ID, network, etc and hit OK and the program pauses for a sec and then crashes.  So at this point I have no way to get sequenced data into the new display.

Any help that anyone can lend would be very much appreciated.

Don't have a Pixie myself but I believe you need the latest software version, 4.3.18. You might also try uninstalling and doing a re-install in case of a damaged download.

If all else fails it's probably time for a help ticket.

Thanks for the reply Phil. I am running 4.3.18 and sequence editor has been working until I try to add the pixies. May have to try the Uninstall reinstall route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Does it actually crash or does it seem like it freezes? If you have an older, slower computer adding that many channels may take it a while. Try adding again then give it a minute or two and see if it completes.

It comes up with the windows error "A problem has caused the program to stop working...." I will let it sit here for a bit and see what happens.

When I check task manager it shows one CPU pegged and one not used so I guess sequence doesn't know how to use multiple cores.... I haven't run into this issue before since I have never had this many channels. Crud. I guess I am stuck here, I really want to get some sequences going but can't copy and paste anything since I can't get the program to stay responsive. Have to get a new machine?

Sounds like a crash.

LOR has a registry wipe utiliity  which purges all trace of the install including the registry entries which can occasionally become corrupted.

Since it is specific to any particular version it is only available from them so as to make sure you do get the right one.

Write a help ticket and ask if that is something you should try.

Machine has some age on it probably close to years-old. Running Windows 7 that I put on here for this use.

I do have backups Mr P. The only sequences I have are for the traditional lights and one CMB24 which is why I was trying to get them into PE or edit them in SE to add all the new pixels.

An update for this: apparently my sequencing machine is a night owl like me an works better late at night.  I was able to create a new sequence and get the 3 pixies to insert into sequence editor and was able to very deliberately copy and paste channel sequence data from one place to the next. I guess I was doing to much for the PC at once and it feel over taking the program down with it. To help with the deliberate -insert new device-wait- copy-wait-paste-wait rhythm I had to get into it helped to add a beer with it so it became a copy-drink-wait-paste-drink-wait..... hey it worked, dont judge me B)

Interestingly enough the first sequence that I was working with before that was causing the program to crash still makes it crash as soon as it is loaded so there may be something corrupt with the file not sure.

Thanks for the help gents.