Light-O-Rama Forums

This would be great for...

BMurray

Saw this and got to thinking how  it awesome would be for our hobby. From hanging mega trees to dropping lights on 50' trees.  Even being able to have a real live Santa Claus flying around.... 

Edited by BMurray

The dude has the Kung Fu grip for sure and the cahones to go with it!  He's up there pretty high sometimes and if that drone hiccups or he loses the grip.........splat!  Still this is AWESOME!

Holy accident waiting to happen? Flying that "thing" so close to people? Who cares about the guy tethered(pretty sure he isn't just holding on, looks like a tether is also attached to him) getting hurt, he's choosing to be an idiot but all the people so close? That's crazy.

And the more I watch it... sometimes the interaction between the drone and the guy just don't look right? It's probably just me but I wouldn't doubt there's a helicopter off camera and they are electronically erasing that tether.

Still pretty neat. And I'd love to use something like that to decorate our 70'-80' trees. :D

[EDIT]

Hah... http://manofmany.com/entertainment/heres-casey-neistats-new-human-flying-drone-probably-fake

Edited by JeffF

16 minutes ago, JeffF said:

Holy accident waiting to happen? Flying that "thing" so close to people? Who cares about the guy tethered(pretty sure he isn't just holding on, looks like a tether is also attached to him) getting hurt, he's choosing to be an idiot but all the people so close? That's crazy.

And the more I watch it... sometimes the interaction between the drone and the guy just don't look right? It's probably just me but I wouldn't doubt there's a helicopter off camera and they are electronically erasing that tether.

Still pretty neat. And I'd love to use something like that to decorate our 70'-80' trees. :D

[EDIT]

Hah... http://manofmany.com/entertainment/heres-casey-neistats-new-human-flying-drone-probably-fake

Must of missed the tether but definitely don't care about the dude, it was more of a comment.

48 minutes ago, JeffF said:

I agree that the video while really cool is faked.

• The topic was locked