Light-O-Rama Forums

How to find displays in Florida

Jefffrompawpaw

Hello good people.  I am on vacation with my family in Orlando Florida and I would like to see some Christmas light shows.   Don't get me wrong , Disney has an amazing projector show on the castle, and Downton Disney does a show with 700 drones in the sky.  But I am looking for some homes that are decorated.  Does anyone know of some towns that may be known for their lights?  Maybe a website that helps me find such a place? 

It has been very hard for me to leave my show going at home while I am gone.  We have a friend who house sits and animal sits.  Lucky for me he has helped decorate in the past so if something does go wrong I could possible troubleshoot.

Lakelandmom.com, there's a whole section of Christmas lights in Polk county which is about 30 min from Disney.

There is a display in celebration that was on the light right last year, celebration is 5 min from Disney

This is our home in winter haven FL which is in Polk county. Not sure it's worth the drive for you

https://vimeo.com/196163881

If you want to make the trip there's this one in Ocala, North of Orlando

www.vimeo.com/user2854453/videos

We will not run the display if we have rain.

You guys getting much rain up there Earle? It only raining once here, stopped 2 hours before the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just had a shower go thru about 15 min ago, I think we should be ok for tonight, going to check it out now and make sure no breakers trip. The display has only been shut down one time this year do to rain.

Earle 

Looks like we are go to go for tonight. Looking at radar there seems to be some showers popping up to the south of us, but looks as if they will miss NW Ocala (I hope).

• The topic was locked