Light-O-Rama Forums

New to Pixel Editor---Need Help

sonoma

I have been using LOR for several years now, Just got into using Dumb RGB 2 years ago, with a lot of success I think. Now I'm thinking of Taking the next step to smart pixels, next year. I just started to figure out pixel editor and have had fun with it so far, I have come up with some cool things I would like to incorporate into my existing sequences; However; 

"I have not found a way to export PE to SE and add the new things to my existing sequences, is this even possible to do? Or is there a way to run a show using both programs". I do run my current show set-up from a dedicated laptop computer that consists of 2 networks: #1 is the LOR network which has all my A/C controllers, network #2 is my dumb RGB DMX network using Holiday- coro Acti-dongle for several 27 chan. boards and 3 chan. DMX props. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by sonoma

the way pixel editor works is your create your sequence in the sequence editor like you did before but if there are props you want to sequence using the pixel editor you open that sequence in the pixel editor create the effects in the pixel editor and save as intensity file . You can only sequence a prop in SE   or PE  not both programs at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

the way pixel editor works is your create your sequence in the sequence editor like you did before but if there are props you want to sequence using the pixel editor you open that sequence in the pixel editor create the effects in the pixel editor and save as intensity file . You can only sequence a prop in SE   or PE  not both programs at the same time.

As Dennis said this is the way to do it. You can migrate the existing channels into PE from SE then delete them from your SE channel configuration so you won't have any conflicts.

SPaschall 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Matt for the help. I have migrated my sequencing to PE with your help, Now the pixel tree will become a reality in 2017.:);):D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad I came here.  I did not know what was going wrong as I could NOT seem to figure out Pixel Editor.  So I have singing pumpkin and RGB Pixel tombstones (Holiday Coro). I see above what I have to do to make the prop in PE, but there is no way to get my actual sequence (the data that makes them sing and such) into PE?  I will have to manually enter each timing?

Edited by txmvmcc

9 hours ago, txmvmcc said:

I am so glad I came here.  I did not know what was going wrong as I could NOT seem to figure out Pixel Editor.  So I have singing pumpkin and RGB Pixel tombstones (Holiday Coro). I see above what I have to do to make the prop in PE, but there is no way to get my actual sequence (the data that makes them sing and such) into PE?  I will have to manually enter each timing?

Open up LOR and scroll down to the "Help" tab.

Next scroll down to Pixel Editor

Next 'sequencing"

It is right there a one page how to.

Best of luck

JR

Thanks for the replies, I have read all the help, emailed support and I still end up with non matching channels when I try to import.  I converted to RGB and all that (not sure if I did channels right on SE or something as I just converted assigned each channel DMX universe 1, then 1,2,3 and so on.  Tried various was with those settings and nothing happens.  Wish they had more video tutorials on this very important aspect of it so newbies could learn they are doing it right when the info thing they sent me doesn't work followed word by word.  So I am obviously not doing something right.  I think its on the SE side of it though...Trying to convert.  I am only doing 6 RBG Pixel tombstones from coro.  

Thanks again. 

Screen Shot.jpg

Well I figured out how to import and I think what I was doing wrong, but I have 2 quick questions.

1.  In the PE; how can I see where my effects are on the time line that were imported from SE?  All I see is a solid white line, but when I hit "play" I see the little lights flashing up on the screen (assuming from the AVI it creates). 

2.  Is there a way to have more than 1 prop on the timeline at a time?  I can only seem to get one.  Example.  I have 6 Holiday Coro Tombstones.  I can only for whatever reason get one into the timeline.  And since it opened with my created prop file, is that what I should be seeing in the preview windows?

Thanks all.  I will get it.  Just takes time I guess.

Michael

No.  Just one.  But I could copy it and number them 1-6.  But when the file opens and it asks which to use it only lets me select just 1.  Or do they have to be on the same prop (all six, not separate)?  Honestly not sure I remember how I got this far.  LOL.  And still can not get the sequence to show up on the grid for reference either.  Maybe got in over my head.  Do smart pixels work just as well as dumb RGB only?  I can do that much on SE.

Edited by txmvmcc

The first thing you do in the pixel editor is create all your props that you want to sequence in the pixel editor you must enter all the controller I'd s and channels for each prop then place the finished props in the proper position in the preview 

Edited by Dennis Laff