Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduled start and end times not working.

DerHusker

I cannot get the scheduled start and end times to work on the Showtime Mini-Director set-up. When I check the “Plays During Scheduled Time” button the “Set Show Options” dialog box comes up. I click on the “Select All” button and set the time. (5:00 PM to 10:00 PM) I click “OK” and I get this message “Changes may not have been activated. You have selected days and/or changed the day/time selection BUT you have not click the ‘Change Selected Days’ button.“ So I go back and click on the “Change Selected Days” button and it wipes out the selected days. I think “Well maybe that was supposed to happen” so I click on “OK” and proceed with putting the show on the SD card. I click on “Create Show” and I get the “Setup MP#/Director Memory Card” dialog box. I leave the check in the “Strip MP3 Header…” box and also click on the “Add a file to the SC card to set the MP3 Director’s internal clock” box. I insert the SD card in the director and as soon as the power comes on at 4:45 the show starts and goes until the power goes off at 10:21.

Any ideas at what I’m doing wrong? Am I leaving out a step somewhere?

TIA

Mini director plays the show whenever it has power. You need to have a timer on whatever is giving it power. Or upgrade to the g3 which I recommend. I did that and it is much better with more options

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Scud2 said:

Mini director plays the show whenever it has power. You need to have a timer on whatever is giving it power. Or upgrade to the g3 which I recommend. I did that and it is much better with more options

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

I just checked and it is a g3, which makes sense as I just purchased it during the last OLR sale.

My analog Intermatic T103 timers turn the power on (4:45) and off (10:21) so I'm fine but had hoped for better control. (Such is 5:00 to 10:00)

Edited by DerHusker

16 minutes ago, DerHusker said:

Thanks for the reply.

I just checked and it is a g3, which makes sense as I just purchased it during the last OLR sale.

My analog Intermatic T103 timers turn the power on (4:45) and off (10:21) so I'm fine but had hoped for better control. (Such is 5:00 to 10:00)

Are you talking the G3MP3 Director or the uMP3G3 Mini Director? The mini director does not have a clock so the time scheduler will not work.

From the manual:

"The miniDirector does not have a real time clock. Any scheduling information specified during show creation will be ignored. This includes playing shows once per hour or half hour."

• Like 1

Mr. P. is correct, if it is a "MINI" Director unit, you do not have a clock option and it will never operate in a "stand-alone" mode as any time settings will be ignored.

However, if it is a regular G3MP3DIrector with internal timeclock, then, I believe you are missing a step, when you click on the "Change Selected Days" IT IS supposed to wipe them out, after you select that, then you select which day{s} you want{check them} and set the time for those days, then you should be able to save your show to the SD Card with the times specified for those days, if you have different times for different days, you need to do this for each time change difference.  Otherwise you will continue to get those messages and your show won't be written to the card.

Running out of time here, so hope this helps explain it.   Got to go for now.

• Like 1