Light-O-Rama Forums

My first vid of the upgraded 2016 display

Need more lights

This year I added a few things...I went from 32 channels to 80 and I added 350 RGB channels too. The arches are new this year, my first attempt at RGB and then decided to do the porch posts with RGB nodes...gotta say I'm hooked, already planning on the new RGB elements for 2017! Tell me what you think...good or bad!

• Like 1

Awesome work!

I actually watched it twice because this was seriously one of the best christmas shows I have seen so far... I think the arches gave your display more dimension  and made everything look larger then your previous years. 

What did you program the pixels with SE, PE, XL?

I think for 2017 you should focus on outlining the whole house in RGB pixels, and move the tree away from the house (because you have windows behind the tree). Then upgrade the tree and yard elements to pixels in future years.

Once again good job!

5 minutes ago, canadianchristmas said:

Awesome work!

I actually watched it twice because this was seriously one of the best christmas shows I have seen so far... I think the arches gave your display more dimension  and made everything look larger then your previous years. 

What did you program the pixels with SE, PE, XL?

I think for 2017 you should focus on outlining the whole house in RGB pixels, and move the tree away from the house (because you have windows behind the tree). Then upgrade the tree and yard elements to pixels in future years.

Once again good job!

Thank you!  You're right on the money! I was going to up grade the tree to pixels and run up the skirts of the house...I was thinking about Pixel icicles too but I don't want to do too much all at once. XL's by the way

Edited by Need more lights

3 hours ago, Need more lights said:

This year I added a few things...I went from 32 channels to 80 and I added 350 RGB channels too.

More channels makes a big difference, that's for sure.  I found it easier to sequence larger displays and larger channel counts than smaller ones.  Obviously with more you can do more.  But with more you can also do less, and that can be every bit as visually pleasing.  The more channels you accumulate, the less critical it becomes to use all of them every second of every song.  That realization alone is very often the difference between just looking okay and looking excellent.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

Looking really good. Nice sweeps of color and the choreography really follows the song rather than relying on too many patterns. I love the use of multiple channels on the cypress trees. That's a really nice effect.

• Like 1

Looks great!  Nice job of adding more channels and really like your yard with lots of room to expand.  I like seeing the lights with snow on the ground.  Makes me want to rent a snow making machine for just one night!  Then then next day it goes away and back to SoCal weather.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone! I just want to share something that happened tonight. I went out front and there was a package at the door. It had a card and a coffee cup with Ghirardelli sampler of chocolates in it. The card said  "To the happy house of lights and colors, we SO appreciate your efforts and spirit!  Thank you for giving us smiles when we see and hear your lights every night! Merry Christmas! anonymous passerby. XXOO"  

I couldn't believe that someone would be that kind to go out of their way to being me a gift, I don't do this with any expectations of getting anything in return...This is MY gift to all who enjoy it. It really warms my heart to know that this person was so moved by my show that they did this.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Need more lights said:

Thank you everyone! I just want to share something that happened tonight. I went out front and there was a package at the door. It had a card and a coffee cup with Ghirardelli sampler of chocolates in it. The card said  "To the happy house of lights and colors, we SO appreciate your efforts and spirit!  Thank you for giving us smiles when we see and hear your lights every night! Merry Christmas! anonymous passerby. XXOO"  

I couldn't believe that someone would be that kind to go out of their way to being me a gift, I don't do this with any expectations of getting anything in return...This is MY gift to all who enjoy it. It really warms my heart to know that this person was so moved by my show that they did this.

That's Great! With all the things that are wrong with the world, it is very nice to know there are still good people out there (you being one of them). This of course means you have to up your game for next year as to not disappoint them. :P Gotta keep that chocolate coming.

Alan...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, default said:

That's Great! With all the things that are wrong with the world, it is very nice to know there are still good people out there (you being one of them). This of course means you have to up your game for next year as to not disappoint them. :P Gotta keep that chocolate coming.

Alan...

My wife just saw this and she wanted me to tell you "as if I need an excuse to up my game":D

• The topic was locked