Light-O-Rama Forums

Garland Effect Question

stevehoyt

I have 2 props, a tree made from a CCB string and the new pixel tree. I have set the trees up to use the garland effect see below. It looks fine on the CCB tree but on the pixel tree the effect paints half of the effect from bottom to top and the rest of the effect on an adjacent string from top to bottom. All other effects work just fine on both trees so I don't believe anything is wired wrong. Any ideas what I may have done wrong

CCB tree is AUX A Unit 0a Circuits 1, 76, 161, 236 Pixel Tree is AUX A Units 10 to 17 each with start circuit 1 end 150.

Thanks Steve

Garland.JPG

Go to Tools > Manage Previews. Select your preview, then click the Info button. Does it show any warnings (upper right section)? This would list any channel conflicts.

Matt

here is the pixel tree definition.  No errors in the warnings section for the preview. Also when I run PE the visualization for the pixel tree it looks fine if that gives you any idea as to what I did wrong.

pixel def.JPG

Have you made any changes to the definitions since saving the intensity data? Does everything match in the network preferences?

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I have not changed the definition in the last month or so. I do however, do development on a fast PC in the house and then copy all the files to the show PC, which is older and in the garage. The development PC is not now connected to the controllers. When it was connected,  before, I set up the full outside display, it used different comm ports not sure if that might cause a problem.

I have been trying to fix a number of effects in this animation for about a week now and save the PE file and intensity file almost daily. Most of the effects work just fine. The first problem I noted was the one mentioned above. Since then while playing a bit more, I have also seen that the fire effect seems to do the same thing, i.e. run half the effect up to the top and finish the effect on an adjacent string coming down. I suspect it is actually going over the top and down the other side but it is hard to verify in the dark with so many strings on my pixel tree. Also, I just noticed last night that the bar effect does not match what I see on the PE visualizer. I have Vexpand chosen with red and white. On the visualizer it expands from the middle up and down. On the pixel tree it starts at the top and goes down. On the CCB tree it matches the PE display.

I hope some of this helps give you an idea what I may have setup wrong.

Edited by stevehoyt

You didn't happen to make a group on this did you? If not I would say that it has to be a error somewhere in the network preferences or because of the layout the next twenty five pixels are staying inline instead of starting at the bottom. If the effect is going downward when it should be going upward then that has to be the issue.

SPaschall

it looks like it is USER error as I suspected....I just found the configuration pdf file, in another post, and  see that  I have incorrect defined it as up and over not as 360 degree wedges. See my pixel tree def earlier in this thread.

I will change it and am sure all will be good. I am surprised so many effects looked as good as they did with the wrong definition.

A final question, I hope. I have 14 different sequences. Do I have to redo the PE saves and intensity files for each of these files?

I assume I have to....

Thanks

Steve

Spaschall   Hi maybe you can answer this guest ion for me.  When I create a sequence in pixel editor and save intensity file to SE. And decide I want to add a new effect to that sequence if I add one effect and save intensity file will it add to old intensity file or will it cancelled the first intensity file and just save second file . Thanks in advance Dennis 

It will overwrite the existing file unless you do a save as and give it a new name.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk