Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB16D, green board issue

rmturner54

During testing from HW utility the other day, my power supply burned up. Ordered and installed new one. This was my original PS of 6 years +.  So I wrote off the failure to age of PS. After installing new one, I discovered several of my RGB floods were terminated backwards, reversed + and -, so corrected my wiring mistakes and tested from the HWU

RGB #1 ch 1,2,3, worked perfect.

RGB #2 ch 4,5,6 not so good. ch 4 stays on, ch 5 and 6 works ok. 

RGB #3 ch 7,8,9 same as RGB #2.

Disconnected ch 4 and 7. Retested RGB #2 and #3. 

Results as follows: RGB #2, ch 5 and 6 still work ok.  RGB #3 nothing works on it until I re hookup ch4, then ch 5 and 6 starts working again. 

I suspect some shorted mosfets. Any ideas?

You're description on RGB#3 tells me you have something wired wrong. Channels 4 & 7 may be bad, but your results point to a wiring error. Correct that and then see if it still looks like a failed channel.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Revisted rgb#3 issue. No wiring errors. No issue except red channel 7 still stays on.

Still looking for mosfet pn

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Do a search here on the forum. I've seen it here before. Note that most of the hits could be for the triacs for AC controllers depending on your search criteria. Make sure you get the right parts.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

I got a reply from the help desk with correct Mouser PN. I will post the info this evening

This is from LOR

Hi Richard,

We don't stock the triacs for the CMB16D DC controller. You can purchase them from Mouser:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fairchild-Semiconductor/FQPF30N06L

Regards,

Mike

WowLights Productions

18 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

You listed a part for a MOSFET, not a Triac.  

DC boards like the one in question uses mosfets, AC boards  like the CTB16 use triacs.

Okay - my response was based off the response from LOR 

"Hi Richard, We don't stock the triacs for the CMB16D DC controller"

Thanks for the clarification.

Walt

6 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

Okay - my response was based off the response from LOR 

"Hi Richard, We don't stock the triacs for the CMB16D DC controller"

If you read all of that, it wasn't even from LOR - it was from Mike at Wow Lights.  Mike incorrectly said TRIAC instead of MOSFET, but gave the part number for the MOSFET...

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked