Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D Works in Hardware Utility but not sequencer

Bestmarty

SO I have a CMB24D controller I tested it out in the Hardware Utility and was able to cycle through all the channels just fine, I set the Unit ID to 8 and move onto the Sequencer
I start making a new animation to test out the various color cycles but when I press play the the lights wont be controlled.

The Controller's indicator light shows that it is getting a signal from the computer
the comm port is not in use by anything else
the device I added in the sequencer was set as the CMB24D with the Unit ID of 8
The sequencer can control the standard 16 channel AC controller I have as well just fine

I feel like I am overlooking a minor detail in some preference or setting, I have already checked every online tutorial and forum post I can find as well as contacted Tech support to no avail
Any Ideas?

Did you set the CMB24 unit id by using the dip switches like required. If not, I think it resets itself to unit 1.  Did you check the box in SE to control lights?

Yes the ID is set via the dip switches and appears in the Hardware utility as Unit 8
And yes the control lights option in the SE is enabled

1 minute ago, Dennis Laff said:

how do you have your channels setup in sequencer as rgb or  dmx

They are set up as LOR RGB

A CMB24 will work with a Basic Plus license, how many controllers are you running? I ask because you set the unit id as 8 and a Basic Plus license can do up to four controllers.

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

A CMB24 will work with a Basic Plus license, how many controllers are you running? I ask because you set the unit id as 8 and a Basic Plus license can do up to four controllers.

I only have the 2 controllers, I just chose hex 8 because I liked the number. 

I changed the number to 2 and now it works perfectly, so apparently it's not 4 controllers it's literally just unit 1-4

Thank you everyone for the help,  hopefully I'll get better at this and be able to help others in the future 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bestmarty said:

I changed the number to 2 and now it works perfectly, so apparently it's not 4 controllers it's literally just unit 1-4

That is correct and is well documented.

• The topic was locked