Light-O-Rama Forums

Making a show problem

Old Sarge

For the past years I have been using the simple show builder and starting it just by clicking on show on demand. 

For some reason it is not working that way now. I have not changed any setting or anything.. I did manage it get it to start by clicking to enable schedule... and playing with it but Have no idea exactly what made it finally start.

I have never used the show editor or the Schedule editor. I have watched the tutorials on them but am still at a loss as to exactly where do I put the seq and the music for a show.. I have tried putting them into a folder naming as example Christmas show 2016 faces.. and have that in the LOR folder for sequences added the music etc... I am running out of things to try to get it to run right. When I open the LOR show editor no matter where i click in it I cannot find the seq or the music for the shows so I cannot schedule it to run.

I actually have always used the simple show builder and have had no problems with it until this year... for some reason it will not start the show after I make it there and then click on show on demand nothing happens..  Can someone maybe tell me what need to do.. 

I almost forgot.. I am using the 4.0.38 version and have advanced license.

Thanks

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

One of the easiest ways is to pull up the sequence and play a little bit to ensure that the correct music is attached. Then stop the show and go to "File", "Save As", and find the following location: C:, USERS, (name)(that is the administators name, choose from the files listed), MY DOCUMENTS,  Light-O-Rama, SEQUENCES. Save the sequence files there to make them available to the Show Builder. Do this for all of the files that you want in your show. You may find some of the files already there, just overwrite them with the latest file. This will insure that you only have the latest changes to your sequences in the show. The music is automatically attached.

Edited by philnuffer

I tried that... it loaded them into the LOR seq file But when I open it show editor to make the show they were not there... I opened the seq folder and they were.. The music is and was in the LOR music folder..I can go onto the Seq editor to like I am going to make a new Seq and when I click on to open it the seq is showing in the existing file.

Like I said in my post.... I have had NO PROBLEMS in the past. I know how it should be working but it is not working right. I have never had problems in the past on using the simple show builder... But for some unknown reason to me it is not working the same even as it was for my Halloween show... which I had no problems at all using the simple show builder then clicking on Show on Demand for it to start... The problem is... again like I said... It Is Not starting for some reason

When you used Show Editor, did you click on the Musical or Animation tab? These suckers sometimes hide. The show editor only looks in the location listed above, but then you have to find it. The output of the Show Editor is something like "2016 Show." I then go to Simple Show Builder, point it at 2016 Show, and there I set the sequence order. Since I use an SD card to run my shows, I have only used this method. During the season, I constantly try to improve the sequences or even add new ones, so I probably go thru this every other day. I know you probably know this, Sarge, but small things sometimes rise up to bite us in the gluteous maximus.

The SSB will look ONLY in the default location where the Sequences folder and Audio folder were placed when your current version of LOR was installed.  If the sequence isn't there, the SSB can't find it because it only knows one place to look.  If the sequence is there, but the audio file isn't in the default Audio folder location, the sequence won't play. 

The Show Editor is a far more advanced program than the SSB.  If you open a show file in the Show Editor, click on the musical sequences tab, like Phil mentioned, and there you'll see the sequences exactly as they were loaded into the SSB.  You can easily add, subtract, re-arrange etc.  Unless you use save as... the Show Editor will not change the name of the show file you loaded.