Light-O-Rama Forums

Stupid teenagers ruining it for everybody.

Jaynee

I saw a news article last night on local channel that a spur of issues were happened in the big city (well to us Manchester, NH is a big city).  They are just creating all sorts of havoc, from broken fences and windows to Christmas displays.  I really do not know what they are thinking.  Stupid kids!

I too have a Night Owl system.  Older one, but plan on upgrading the dvr to a Lorex.  All the cams will still work.

Maybe its time to put a small bug zapper next to your camera or maybe make a mount threw a bug zapper and mount your camera so the little critter cant get to it so easy.. A bug Zapper with the light turned off but still electrofrying the little critter on contact..

So today I found out that last  night my son's car cover went missing.  His car was parked across the street but I have a camera pointed down the cul de sac where I live. So I can see everything coming and going.  I have 8 cameras pointed all over the place so I got a pretty good look at the sucker and his truck. But,  I'm at work looking at the footage on my phone and can't see enough detail.  So I'll pull up the footage on my desktop and see the HD video tomorrow.   I'm pretty sure I have a good shot of the license plate. I'll print out the pictures and turn them into the local police.  Because if this person has done this who knows  what else he has taken from other people.  And hopefully he has a previous warrant and will be arrested.  It's only a $30 car cover and I'm thankful that none of the display was touched.  So I've got camera warnings all over my display and now I guess I'll have to put them on my cars too.  At least the ones that are  parked in the street.  

6 hours ago, BMurray said:

So today I found out that last  night my son's car cover went missing.  His car was parked across the street but I have a camera pointed down the cul de sac where I live. So I can see everything coming and going.  I have 8 cameras pointed all over the place so I got a pretty good look at the sucker and his truck. But,  I'm at work looking at the footage on my phone and can't see enough detail.  So I'll pull up the footage on my desktop and see the HD video tomorrow.   I'm pretty sure I have a good shot of the license plate. I'll print out the pictures and turn them into the local police.  Because if this person has done this who knows  what else he has taken from other people.  And hopefully he has a previous warrant and will be arrested.  It's only a $30 car cover and I'm thankful that none of the display was touched.  So I've got camera warnings all over my display and now I guess I'll have to put them on my cars too.  At least the ones that are  parked in the street.  

If you can't get a good look at the license plate post the video on YouTube.

I got almost instant results while helping my friend when someone tried to break in his home. 

Posted it in YouTube and within 30 mins had found out first name, he had just got out of prison, last name. He also had an almost 100% tattooed upper torso. He attempted to remove a camera while looking right at it.

With that info I contacted the county jail, spoke with a SGT and was able to verify the person through the art work in his head, face, arms and fingers.

He was picked up two weeks later and back to the slammer.

Just name your video something like "Your town/city/state ... thief stole it breaking in, need help.

People in your area while searching for something will stumble across it, may help you out. You can also Facebook it, I'm not s facebooker though.

Best of luck. Take a bite out of crime!

JR

Edited by dibblejr
Auto correct went stupid

On 15/12/2016 at 2:36 PM, wbaker4 said:

Here it is... the original video no longer exists...

Nooo!

I wish that I had downloaded that video!

I bet he found the thread and deleted the video from YouTube.

• The topic was locked