Light-O-Rama Forums

Unit Randomly Flashing Lights

dkoehler42

I have a Showtime 1602 unit plugged into a 20 amp circuit, with both plugs connected.  I also have an early Light Linker connected(tried both of the rj45 ports), as well as ten of the Lightshow/Gemmy brand icicle lights(5 icicle and 40 mini lights).  Yesterday it seemed to work normally.  Today, after connecting the 9th and 10th light sets, it stopped working normally and started randomly flashing while the Hardware Console software was set to lights off.  I disconnected the Light Linker and the behavior persists.  I'd rather not have to sit this holiday season out, but I can get away with a simple timer if this is a return to LOR for repair.  Any suggestions?

What happens if you disconnect the recently connected 9th and 10th set does it work normal again? Also I don't you want to have Hardware utility running at the same time as your show.

Alan...

I had disconnected the new sets and powercycled the showtime unit with the on/off switch. The behavior continued. I had the metal box in a Rubbermaid tote with the plugs coming out the sides, so it shouldn't be elemental exposure. The Light Linker is in the tire, but I saw the behavior without the Linker connected.

I got this too on two controllers singing trees lights flash on eyes and checked sequences nothing there. Weird redid sequences nothing. Switched them to my bushes and still does it. Will put in trouble ticket but see if I can hide it on bushes till season over then send back. If they allow how long is warranty anybody know

I opened a Help Desk ticket, and they suggested resetting the unit.  On the old ones, you power it off, set the unit ID to 00, power it back on and verify the light flashes.  Then power it off and return it to the correct unit ID.  For help with it, it's located here.