Light-O-Rama Forums

Thanks to Bob L.

Bizywk

We've all built the displays and now they're coming in droves.     It seems appropriate to take a moment to thank Bob L who goes by ItsmeBobO for all he's done from a voluntary basis to help others get to the best displays possible.  Thank-you.   

We appreciate what you do for us and the holidays in general, Bob.    Your tools are excellent and have really made the difference for us.   You can't possibly imagine the magnitude of how many lives you've touched and brought joy to.     

You're a legend already. 

Thanks for all your hard work and effort. 

• Like 4

My display wouldn't be the same without his stuff. When I create my layout for the year, Vegomatic is right there by my side. Sharpin made my visualizer look better. Every day I sequence, Clipboard Flipper is guaranteed to be open. I used Papagayo to LOR for the first time this year. Importomation imports my channel config into all my sequences in November. During the season hundreds of visitors are using MIIP. This coming year I am thinking about introducing myself to SPEX again.

THANKS Bob.

I honestly wouldn't know the first thing about programming singing faces if wasn't for bobs tools. This coming year I might jump on MIIP, I barely had enough time to get the show running this year, but it's something that interests me. Thanks and have a merry Christmas Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speechless over here.     It's my pleasure to share what I can to advance the hobby and help individuals here and there.   Thank you all.

Bizywk,  thanks for not mentioning that Benjamin I passed you. -_-

I started using Miip this year and I gotta say it's pretty cool darn cool.  I gave him a big thank you in an email the other day.  And last night I emailed him with some issues I was having and he emailed me back right away  several times with suggestions and ideas on how to correct what I was either doing wrong or didn't know how to do.  so here again is a big THANK YOU  for all that you do for our lighting community.  Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve 

2 hours ago, Bizywk said:

We've all built the displays and now they're coming in droves.     It seems appropriate to take a moment to thank Bob L who goes by ItsmeBobO for all he's done from a voluntary basis to help others get to the best displays possible.  Thank-you.   

We appreciate what you do for us and the holidays in general, Bob.    Your tools are excellent and have really made the difference for us.   You can't possibly imagine the magnitude of how many lives you've touched and brought joy to.     

You're a legend already. 

Thanks for all your hard work and effort. 

I second that emotion... Thanks a lot Bob, for your utilities and for all the advice you provide on here. I have taken a look at some of your utilities, and though I do not use them (yet), I appreciate that you make them available to everyone for FREE. I know that software development is time and energy consuming. It must be a joy for you to do, since you offer them for free. You're one of the good guys.,

D.T.

I know I see his name/response's always popping up and rolls up his sleeves to help where he can. I have a issue if he should have the time to reach out to me it would be great.

• 1 month later...

After all the praise, I'm going to make a request: Another tool!

I have this sub-sequence that I call "candle flicker". It's 4 channels of candles, but it could be more. The sequence is a series of chaotic off, 100%, 50%, some fade down, other intensities, some shimmers, etc. The whole point is to look like candle flames.

What I want to do is play this sequence after the main show is done, but I want the candles to be 75% dimmer. That is, where I have a 100% in the original sequence, I want 25% in the converted sequence. Where I had 50% in the original, I want 12%. Where I had a fade down from 80% to 10%, I want a fade down from 20% to 2%. You get the idea. I want to "turn down" my sequence.

I used to do this kind of thing in notepad !    Change intensity="100"  to intensity="25". 

LOR  SE provides this tool now.    You will save and create the dimmer sequence to play.     Thanks for the compliments. 

ChangeIntensity.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

LOR  SE provides this tool now.    You will save and create the dimmer sequence to play.     Thanks for the compliments.

Wow! I hadn't seen that tool before. Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention.

• The topic was locked