Light-O-Rama Forums

Loop at end issue.

rmturner54

My lights are not finished yet. But enough to run an animated sequence. So i wrote a 30 sec for them. In the seq editor i have checked control lights and loop at end so the sequence will play until my programed time ends in the show scheduler.

Problem is it only runs the 30 second.

What am i missing? Something simple i am sure.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Are you playing the sequence from the sequence editor or from the show player?  The reason I ask is that playing a sequence from the Sequence Editor has no relationship to the Show Scheduler, and the Show Player has no relationship to the control lights and loop at end in the Sequence Editor.  Also, what LOR software version?

I am playing from the show player.

When i play it from the seq editor it loops just fine.

I will have to ck my version number when i get home

So you created a show that has only the one animation sequence, and scheduled that show to play for some amount of time.  If you look at the show status screen, what does it display?

Checked ver again 3.2.4

Status window....playing static show from 4p to 12a

The llop at end in seq editor will stay checked then when i close editor and open seq again, its unchecked

The "Loop at End" setting in Sequence Editor is completely irrelevant to the show player.

In the show status display, you said it's playing static show from 4p to 12a.  What about the next section that shows what sequence is playing and what section, start time, and location.  Does that show any sequence running?  Last and most important, what does the bottom section that is a log?  You can copy the log to your clipboard and paste it into a post here (makes that easy!).  The status screen while playing a show should look something like this:

Status_screen.jpg

If yours doesn't look something like this, please copy the log and past it here.

One thing i saw on the staus log was, the static seq played then tried to play a seq i use for after show.

To my stupid surprise i had this after show seq in my show scheduler. I removed the after show seg from the show editor. All is well agai

Never thought to look at it. Thank you so much. Now all i need is a new 12v ps.

Glad you got it working.  BTW, and I don't recommend this until AFTER this show season, but I would recommend upgrading to the current release of S4 software.  The improvements between version 3.2 and the current version of S4 is substantial.  There is also a lot of speculation that S5 will go into beta release in the early part of 2017.  There will be less to learn if you do it as two steps, but more importantly is that you will be able to sue the new S4 features when you start sequencing for 2017 sometime in the few months.