Light-O-Rama Forums

Music stops during second pass of first sequence

paulnels

My show runs through all sequences fine and loops back to the first sequence to run through the show again but about half way through the second pass of the first sequence the music cuts out. The lights continue to run fine.  Any recommendations are appreciated. 

Since no one has helped yet I'll give you some things to consider.  I do use a director instead of a pc so my experience is limited in this respect.  I'm assuming this stoppage on the second pass is consistent.  In other words if you shutdown your computer.  Restart it and your show fails everytime it gets into the second pass?  My thoughts are your pc is the issue.  Don't know what os and lightorama versions your running so I don't know if there are any memory leaks contributing.  I can't help but wonder what's running on your pc at the same time your show is running.  Do you have any scheduled tasks that may be running, or other programs that are consuming memory or cycles such that the culprit is the computer.  It's my opinion that a controller can't be causing this.   You may want to turn off wifi if your using it in case some kind of communication is occuring causing a computer slow down.  You can start up task manager and verify some of these possibilities by clicking on the performance tab and observing the graphs for high spikes while the show is running.  Hopefully others with more experience using the pc to control your display will chime in.

Open the Status log by left clicking the LOR Control Panel light bulb in the Sys tray. It should give you some clues. Paste the result here if you still need help.

it has been consistent every time except once when it decided to continue playing.  If I unplug the FM tuner the music is still playing on my PC so I'm wondering if the signal gets interrupted somehow when it loops through the show.  not seeing anything in the logs that would signal a change as it shows that it loads the first sequence again after the last one has run.  I don't run any other programs actively on my PC during the show.  Running Windows 10.

Thanks for the feedback all!

it was a result of my computer timing out and locking.  the music will still play through the PC speakers when locked but the lock event on the PC would cut off the feed to the FM tuner.  Expanded the lock screen time so my PC does not lock while running the show and no more issues.  should've known it was something small.  :-)

That's weird!  I don't think I have ever seen a computer do that - maybe another new "feature" of Windows 10 (which I've never even seen - let alone played with).  My show computer (Windows XP) is normally locked when the show is playing unless I'm remoted into it.

Thought it was strange as well.  I'll have to set it up on one of my other computers and see if they do the same thing or if its unique the box i've been running the show from. 

Thank you all for taking the time to provide input/recommendations.  Its my first year running a show so I'm still trying to figure eveything out and every bit of help is much appreciated!!